MRA; Second Gen on page 21

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Interesting story?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:54 am

Yay!
100%
Nay.
No votes

Total votes: 12

Drone_Fragger
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Arcalane wrote:
TheBlueEcho wrote::| Spearhead?
Since it's quite obviously a large ship, the name Spearhead should be rather indicative of it's intended role.
Suicide rammings?
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

Drone_Fragger wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
TheBlueEcho wrote::| Spearhead?
Since it's quite obviously a large ship, the name Spearhead should be rather indicative of it's intended role.
Suicide rammings?
It's a bit large to be a KM.

Considering this for submission once it's balanced. Initial reaction?
Improving quality of life since 1955.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

the back looks pretty iffy (to me at least) to be frank, the ship as a whole just looks... off... of course (as my next paragraph will show) i have no right to speak, and might be wrong.

alright, so i wanted to just ask general opinion on somthing before i continue working on it. It's in a style that is rather new for me (re: no experience whatsoever) so i just wanted to ask if i should finish it up or if it looks like crap. please note that the aegis are going to be attached to something. Code named: Winged Weaver (why?... why not?) oh, and sorry about the crappy image quality. Also, this is not going to be one of the larger ships... sooo... yeah.
Last edited by lightstriker on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ai_512
Commander
Commander

Post by Ai_512 »

FIRE TEH CANNONS!!
[img]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/NerdofChaos/Ai541.png[/img]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=61047#61047]Ai's Ships 'n Fleets[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2664]My New Fleet[/url]
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

that would probably sum it up, yes :)
oh, and updated the first pic. It's bigger now, i guess (and i sort of failed at going with a new style but w/e)
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF wrote: Considering this for submission once it's balanced. Initial reaction?
I think the overall shape is ok, but there are some disorganized areas on the inside...Worst standout features are what I'm assuming are engines in the back, the 25s...If their meant to be engines maybe rim the sides with something else and turn the 25s black. If their something other than engines...multiple 25s just don't go well together... I am diggin the blue and grey, though the darkish green or whatever that is comes across just a tiny bit darker than it needs to be.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

3 apologies, and a ship:
1.sorry for posting 3 times in a short time (it felt like it was for a good reason at the time.
2.Sorry for doing a really shoddy paint job (i mean, i've seen worse, but... i've seen better:?)
3.Sorry for doing a really weird balancing job (see below)

anyhoo, this, the DSA "WOLF-RAYET" class-artillary frigate (however, please see below)
comes with:
2x Wave projectors (not going to get into "no waves in space" arguments, so they're stolen alien technology that we don't understand. deal with it)
1x Gatling Pulse
2x Burst-fire Rail Guns
2x Dual Fire long range swarm missiles
2x Heavy Beam Cannons
1x Reaver Beam
1x tri and 1x di-directional deflector shields
1x Rapid Fire point defense (infamous for it's rapid overheating and slow cool down)

please note that this ship has very strange balancing. As it is designed as an artillary frigate, starting from a long distance away (~5k pixels) it can easily destroy a windforce, while from up close, the opposite occurs (for me at least). Sorry for that, it was the best i could do (long trip tommorow :() anyhoo, without further excuses, i present the DSA's WOLF-RAYET
shp
sb3
oh, and one last thing: if you need/want/are willing to make any tweaks to let this get in, please feel free to do so without asking.

thank's for your time.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Orion Shipyards Spearhead-class Dreadnaught
<sup>NB: Image is not completely up to date, but is still relatively accurate.</sup>

Data:
Name: Spearhead-class Dreadnaught
HP: 7600
Speed: 0.40
Turning: 0.20
AI Range: 1200
Accel: 0.01
Description:
Number of sections: 257
Total HP: 1777833.89
Number of weapons: 127
Number of modules: 70

Armaments:
14x Tribarrel 150mm MAC Turret
20x XRM-4x5 Turret
1x Particle Beam Cannon
4x Enhanced Ion Torpedo Projectors
14x Forward-Firing Sustained Beam Cannons
14x Side-Firing Sustained Beam Cannons (7 per broadside)
6x Rear-Firing Sustained Beam Cannons
1x Aurora Array (consists of 8 modified Beam Cannons)

Defenses:
4x Deflector Array (8 Deflectors each; total 32)
8x Advanced ELLIS Projector
36x PHALANX ACPD Turret

~~

The pinnacle of Orion Shipyard's' manufacturing yards, the Spearhead is a stalwart and well-rounded ship capable of engaging enemies from many different angles at once.

Currently, only the original Spearhead herself is fully functional; a second, however, is rumoured be in construction.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Wow. This post is gonna take a while.

DARKSHIP; that looks nice. Very nice, even. You do realize that Lizzie has started building a Hammer of Dawn again after she saw your ships?

SCORPIA; it's...spikey. That's for sure. I can't really see the whole ship because of the parenting lines, though.

You do know that KM's with modules or weapons tend not to work?

IRON HAM: looks interesting. Keep working on it.

BLACKRIDGE-EMPLOYEE-PERSON; Looks a bit cluttered, IMO. A bit heavy on the 26's.

LIGHTSTRIKER; those refits look nice. Far better than the original one.

ARCALANE; Wow. Nice work. You managed to break up the straight lines quite nicely, very good indeed.

JWA8402; I'm gonna use most of these, yes. I'm still doubting about Scorpia's submission since it's...well...not very appealing. But the rest will most likely all be added to the MRA service roster. And yes, of course they'll have an enemy. People who visit the IRC channels frequently will know what I have up my sleeve. :lol:
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Arcane, you know that the engines on the back of your storm class is parented like a pretzel, or the Twist? I hope that's not intended, because as soon as you lop off a critical section, not just half, but the whole backside falls off because it kills itself with its own sections.

Anyways, I re-beefed the LSR again, don't know why I wanted to make it weaker. You'll get them soon.

And while I was at it, I created a Edited version of the RAN Storm classes.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ssEdit.zip

It is by no means affiliated with MRA, And I do not claim as my own. This is just my edit, because it was annoying me at how weak they are. Though I might have overdone it...
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Possible parenting phail will be fixed in the next DL. I don't mind it mind it that you remade the RAND, but it would be appreciated if you'd notify me first.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Scorpia
Commander
Commander

Post by Scorpia »

ArcaneDude wrote: SCORPIA; it's...spikey. That's for sure. I can't really see the whole ship because of the parenting lines, though.

You do know that KM's with modules or weapons tend not to work?

JWA8402; I'm gonna use most of these, yes. I'm still doubting about Scorpia's submission since it's...well...not very appealing. But the rest will most likely all be added to the MRA service roster. And yes, of course they'll have an enemy. People who visit the IRC channels frequently will know what I have up my sleeve. :lol:
Yeah, I tried to give an alienish feel, I phailed though. About the KM, I tried it first and it worked perfectly fine. :/ If you don't use em, I won't be offended, they ARE failures anyway. I'll give it another shot.
Last edited by Scorpia on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa224/darthvader5225/SasoriSignaturebySherman.jpg[/img]
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

There're far enough big ships, I'll toss in a simple one:

Turbulance Class, Battlefield Minelayer

Still needs the weapons to be finalized and a description though.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Looks good, although I like your usual stuff better.

Announcement; I am leaving for France for four days tomorrow (thursday) and will therefore not be able to give any replies, answer questions etc. Just FYI.
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

Addition to my offering, I present Task Force 4.

1x Enduring Flame
2x Hawkins Class Cruisers
2x Type 22 Fleet Tenders
4x Type 61 Class Frigates
4x Scimitar Class Fighters
4x Bold Class Patrol Boats

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... orce_4.rar
Last edited by Gkug on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.