MRA; Second Gen on page 21

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Interesting story?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:54 am

Yay!
100%
Nay.
No votes

Total votes: 12

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Ai_512 wrote:My offering to the great and mod-ish ArcaneDude:

No weapons yet.
That's actually pretty cool, if rather small and simple.

On that note, I've realized that adding ablative armour to the Orion Shipyards Destroyers has made them far, far more powerful than I had anticipated*... I'm not sure if this offsets their considerably lower maneuverability, however.

* Originally, Lightbringer vs Tornado was very, very brutal; the Lightbringer came out on top, but as shown here, the results were fairly nasty, even with deflectors. I haven't changed the Lightbringer's HP at all, but I did add the layer of ablative plating and adjusted the beam weapons a little, although it lost a couple of missile turrets. This has spawned a theme in all the OS#De series ships when fighting the Ruustirii; they lose hardly any armour plating now.

Ed: I have a hard time believing the Ruustirii are balanced to IVL standards, now. The OS#De series are, quite frankly, capable of quite handily dispatching of even the heaviest RAN craft (ie, the RAND Storm) with little effort. They are, however, somewhat more threatened by the IVL Hades; a Lightbringer can't take on a Hades solo (not without an exceptional captain and crew, at least) but won't go down without giving them a black eye, at least. :?

The same goes for what I remember of the VSE.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

NOW THEY'RE POURING IN! Image

Drone Fragger; Not bad, not bad at all. Nice work. Although there is some section 4 repetition, especially on the largest one. I don't like the colours either, but that's not really of importance. Also, you might want to protect those missile tubes a bit better. They just ask to be sniped.

One concern, though; are they properly balanced?

Raul; Looking nice. Simple, yet very industrial.

Ai_512; Not bad at all. Simple yet elegant.

BoVinE; Go ahead, mate!

Arcalane; Well, as I said it's a beta DL, but the RAN is balanced to IVL quite nicely. It all depends on types of weapons, though. A long-duration beam with the same output as a short-duration projectile weapon will have more luck dispatching weaker ships, but the projectile weapon would be capable of punching through armour more easily, as it deal all damage at once, for example. There may be some issues, though. I'll look it over before posting a final DL.

EDIT; Since the AI ranges on the RAN were shmupped up, here's an improved DL (with sb3's).

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Beta_2.rar
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Scorpia
Commander
Commander

Post by Scorpia »

Oyay. Is it ok if I make one to offer too? :D
[img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa224/darthvader5225/SasoriSignaturebySherman.jpg[/img]
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

I make my offering to ArcaneDude

The Alastor class Cruiser

Backstory:
Developed by the fledgling company, Imperial Technologies, the Alastor is a unique ship. Originally discovered as an abandoned frame near the space beneath the galactic plane, it has been reconstituted and upgraded with present technology. Most of the existing weapons found on the derelict were restored to working order, however due to the lack of knowledge on how they functioned, the engineers were unable to completely focus the beam weapons. Despite such technological difficulties, the ship itself is fairly powerful. Further equipped with ablative armor and FRACTAL deflector arrays, the Alastor can hold its own agains any cruiser and give larger ships some trouble.
The Alastor has been offered to the Movement, to further the restoration of the Alliance.

6 Mark IV Hellion Beam Cannons (broadside)
3 Mark V Stark Beam Cannons (prow)
2 Mark I Luminous Beam Cannons (sides)
6 FRACTAL Deflectors
6 Rotary Kinetic Round Cannons
1 Nano Matrix
4 Standard Flak Cannons
2 BLANKET Point Defense

Notes: In terms of balance, the Alastor can fight the Typhoon to a standstill... literally, there comes a point where the Alastor and the Typhoon just can't destroy pieces off each other. I left them both at it for 40 minutes and when i returned it was the same.

hope this isn't too long for a post :oops:
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Darkship wrote:hope this isn't too long for a post :oops:
Drone_Fragger Takes that trophy.
Drone_Fragger
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Drone_Fragger »

ArcaneDude wrote:
Drone Fragger; Not bad, not bad at all. Nice work. Although there is some section 4 repetition, especially on the largest one. I don't like the colours either, but that's not really of importance. Also, you might want to protect those missile tubes a bit better. They just ask to be sniped.

One concern, though; are they properly balanced?
I'll fix up the colours a bit and Fix that repetition (especially on the ultima)

I find them pretty balenced. The weakest Guns are about as powerful as the blasters on most of the RAN ships, and the most powerful (the 1Gw Plasma cannons) are as powerful as a salvo (2 shots) From the Heavy cannons on most of the RAN ships, except in one shot instead of 2 (and larger and purple coloured) . However, I find that the outcome of battles seems to depend entirely on what sections get hit before defelctors come on. For example, if a whole broadside of fire hits a section connected to a Heavy cannon or some torpedo tubes, that can basically end the whole battle before it starts because suddenly the RAN ship has lost a good percentage of it's firepower, and in contrast, if a RAN salvo slams straight into a bunch of Point defences, and suddenly the Blastech ship can't stop a good percentage of the enemy death missles slamming into it's nice wide target (Broadsides hooray) where it then gets smashed into tiny pieces.

Also, the Missile ships are meant to be horrendously undefended, as they are meant to sit behind the main fleet lines and pelt things with slow moving torpedos, relying on the more surviable ships to soak up damage for them.
Scorpia
Commander
Commander

Post by Scorpia »

My uber phail offering to AD. :lol:

Mare Nostrum X-89
------------------------------

Performance
----------------------
HP: 600
Speed: 0.70
Turning: 0.40
Acceleration: 0.05

Weapon Systems
----------------------------
Vanquisher Tachyon Cannon (2x)
Conquistador Tachyon Cannon (4x)
Xephron Laser (2x)
Carbine Railgun + Turret (2x)

Class: Assault Warship

The railguns just might be too powerful though.
:P

And AD gets a Kamikaze Space Missile too.

Prima Facie X-61 UKSM
-----------------------------------

Performance
----------------------
HP: 240
Speed: 5
Turning: 2
Acceleration: 1

Weapon Systems
---------------------------
None

Class: UKSM (Unmanned Kamikaze Space Missile)

I seriously suck at writing backstories so I don't think I should. If I do, you will scream. :P
[img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa224/darthvader5225/SasoriSignaturebySherman.jpg[/img]
Iron Ham
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron Ham »

My meager offering (Still WIP)

A tout le monde!
a tout mes amis!
je vois aime!
je dois partir!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Rumours and whispers within the corporate world suggest that Orion Shipyards have undertaken a massive new project at an undisclosed location. No images are currently available, but encoded transmissions refer to "Spearhead" - no doubt the name of the project.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Arcalane wrote:Rumours and whispers within the corporate world suggest that Orion Shipyards have undertaken a massive new project at an undisclosed location. No images are currently available, but encoded transmissions refer to "Spearhead" - no doubt the name of the project.
:| Spearhead?
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

TheBlueEcho wrote:
Arcalane wrote:Rumours and whispers within the corporate world suggest that Orion Shipyards have undertaken a massive new project at an undisclosed location. No images are currently available, but encoded transmissions refer to "Spearhead" - no doubt the name of the project.
:| Spearhead?
A ship Arcalane is developing TBE. I've seen it in IRC, looks promising.
Drone_Fragger
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Drone_Fragger »

I made a smaller frigate and also uppdated the colour scheme (dark Green/grey) and tried to remove the repetition on the ships.

Blastech Proudly Presents:

The Deimos Light Frigate

The second small ship along the bottom. Originally designed as a small, fast, freighter designed to rapidly draw in asteroids using the (now removed) Tractor beams for refining and smelting. However, because of the war, it was redesigned for use as a light frigate.

Features:

- 8 x 75Mw Plasma cannons (4 per broadside, 2 forward firing)
- 3 x 190Mw Plasma cannons (1 per broadside, 1 for both sides)
- 3 x Microlaser point defence systems
- no deflectors.
- Fast engines

Designed to go up against the Northenwind

The Deimos-R Support Varient

The first small ship along the bottom. A modified Deimos, with 2 Nano Matrixes to support the fleets in combat. This means it has less armour and less weapons in order to power them effectively. However, it can make other ships stay alive for a longer peroid of time.

Features:

- 4 x 75Mw Plasma cannons (2 per broadside)
- 2 x 190Mw Plasma cannons (1 per broadside)
- 2 x Nanomatrixes
- 2 x Microlaser Point defences

Not really designed for combat, but has less armour than the deimos.

Argos-C Carrier Varient

The Ship with Demeters in the Top right corner. Originally designed automatic mining of nearby asteroids, the Blastech Drone systems were quickly converted for war. Requiring huge amounts of energy to power effectively, These Drones could only be fitted in the place of the larger calibre 190Mw Plasma cannons, however, the weaked 75Mw Plasma cannons are left untouched.

Features:

- 18 x 75Mw Plasma cannons (9 per broadside)
- 14 x 10Mw Plasma cannon Blastech Drones
- 6 x Microlaser Point defence systems
- 2 x "Crummy Deflector" Class Blastech Deflectors.

Again, designed more as a support vessel than a full combat vessel, but seemed to be able to do okay against the Tornado.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Oooh, nicey nice nice.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Drone, that has got to be one of the most impressive overhauls I've seen. Your ships went from repetition mongers to truely decent designs. There are of course spots you can improve but glad you took criticism so well.

Seeing what everyones making is exciting...are you gonna use them all in a fleet or select the best ones? And maybe pit them against an enemy fleet?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

TheBlueEcho wrote::| Spearhead?
Since it's quite obviously a large ship, the name Spearhead should be rather indicative of it's intended role.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ