Random Fleet of Ixranin (Old Version)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Another Gradius boss appears:

Coward Core: At least... I think that's what it's called. It's much more defensive then the Deltatry, though it still has the same weakness to railguns despite the hidden armor plates I added to try to block them.

In response to the Deltatry losing armor plates to overpowered attacks, I gave the CC's armor plates a huge amount of HP. You'd better run the hell away when it explodes though; being in those debris is worse then getting hit by a Kinetic Missile. (The shields are still 500 HP each, core is 800 HP.)

[Files]

I haven't managed to think up of any balanced ships lately. I'm gonna blame all those midterms. <_<
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

Ixranin wrote:Another Gradius boss appears:

Coward Core: At least... I think that's what it's called. It's much more defensive then the Deltatry, though it still has the same weakness to railguns despite the hidden armor plates I added to try to block them.

In response to the Deltatry losing armor plates to overpowered attacks, I gave the CC's armor plates a huge amount of HP. You'd better run the hell away when it explodes though; being in those debris is worse then getting hit by a Kinetic Missile. (The shields are still 500 HP each, core is 800 HP.)

[Files]

I haven't managed to think up of any balanced ships lately. I'm gonna blame all those midterms. <_<
Oh god... I remember that bastard.
Sran
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sran »

Dude, very nice design.
I love how they are balanced to each other. Its nice seeing someone not make huge wank ships.

But wank ships are fun too.
:D
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Digging up my old topic to throw in some of my space stations I'd been working on lately.

Daika110

An old defense station built to provide supporting fire for defending fleets and to keep enemy patrol craft at bay. It lacks any heavy firepower though, making it an easy target for battleships. (This served as the basis for my Vetala tournament ship.)

Ziwha

Mysterious alien defense platform which has been sighted several times after the appearance of the aliens. Rumor has it that despite it's simple appearance, it is a threat because of its overhauled Tachyon cannons.

Talos

To make up for the poor combat abilities of the Daika 110 defense platform, the Talos defense platform was developed utilizing the latest in mass accelerator technology. The Talos' accelerators can punch clear through even the largest of ships, tearing apart their vital systems and destroying the ship from the inside out. The downside to the design though, was the poor firing angles such heavy weapons have.

Rui Shi

Every fleet needs a base station, and the Rui Shi is built exactly for that role. Four repair stations can quickly bring a heavily damaged ship back up to its original state, and the station is equipped with numerous weapons systems to allow it to double as a powerful planetary defense platform. (Pic may include some ships built by other people, unfinished ship designs of mine, and the original Juggernaught. :P )

I have a huge alien station I was working on too, but I need to redo the weapon systems on it.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

I really like your ships (you should be able to tell with the Argos' similarity to the Juggernaut, lol). They are very well balanced and serve their own purpose, but it seems that the destroyers are rather slow, even slower than some of the battleships even.

And the space stations are gorgeous. All of them. omg. Its too bad that nothing I have can match up to the Rui Shi though.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Water_and_Wind wrote:I really like your ships (you should be able to tell with the Argos' similarity to the Juggernaut, lol).
I thought they looked similar, but didn't know one was based on the other. o.o Thanks. Was gonna have them fly by next to each other since they looked similar, but the Argos moved slower.
Water_and_Wind wrote:They are very well balanced and serve their own purpose, but it seems that the destroyers are rather slow, even slower than some of the battleships even.
I make too many support destroyers, but now you made me go spend a bunch of time trying to balance some offensive ones. :P

Axon

Class: Destroyer
HP: 326
Speed: 1.68
Turning: 0.48
Acceleration: 0.04

Armament:
-1x Revolver Weasel (A special 5-barrel Weasel gun, but the barrels had to be shortened resulting in inaccurate shots.)
-2x Pulse
-2x Flak Gun

An enthusiastic young engineer found himself marveled by the Weasel Gun, and thought to himself the possibilities [and fame] of building one that could opperate like a Gattling Blaster. To his delight, he was able to build one using a revolver system that could unload 5 shots... at the price of poor accuracy. The accuracy made the gun clumsy, but the problem was countered by building a durable ship that could get into close range where the inaccuracy would actually be an advantage.

His demonstrator ship proved promising in simulation battles, but the Navy rejected his design citing the issues of its inability to produce enough power to operate any module systems, its lack of durability in extended combat, and the fact that the Zelus patrol craft was still a solid way to deal with shielded opponents. The demonstrator now rests in a military museum and will probably see just dust, but the production test ship was added to the Navy fleet proving that his efforts weren't a complete loss.

[ At short range, this ship is comparable to the Enyo, but with much more reliance on the randomness factor of its Revolver Weasel compared to the Enyo's consistant Pulse barrages. Still makes for an impressive little ship in battle. Despite its appearance, the armor is built like a Moira's; don't let it get flanked! ]

Touei

Class: Destroyer
HP: 285
Speed: 2.89
Turning: 0.90
Acceleration: 0.05

Armament:
-4x Scatter Beam
-1x Particle Gun

Choosing a different path from the Hestia design, the Touei sacrifices defensive systems for more speed, and uses Scatter Beamers to pierce through enemy point defenses. Safe to say, letting a Touei flank you can prove to be rather disastrous.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Massive Strokes

Post by Ixranin »

I've finally gotten around to building a ship that takes up a good chunk of the shipmaker, and it shouldn't take more then a second to recognize what it looks like:

While casually ripping off the name of a music track, here's what it looked like before I slapped all the stuff on it:

Annnd, the Cylons heard that some battlestars were aloof in the system. They made sure it was taken care of:

Unfortunately, the Ragnarok wasn't as lucky as the Peagasus. Disclaimer: This is not an entry into the BSF Cold War. I started to, but I ditched that idea. Now I'll just happily blow up people's capital ships with this monster instead. :P
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Ooo, the nicest basestar designs yet.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Zone51
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Zone51 »

Ixranin wrote:Another Gradius boss appears:

[Files]

oh that the @hole of a boss on gradius !
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com][img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/wizardofnoz/Signatures/BSFuserbar.jpg[/img][/url]
Satanic Mechanic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Satanic Mechanic »

th15 wrote:Ooo, the nicest basestar designs yet.
I haven't seen the earlier ones, but seconded all the same, kudos.
If you make it idiot proof, they'll just build a better idiot.
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Satanic Mechanic wrote:
th15 wrote:Ooo, the nicest basestar designs yet.
I haven't seen the earlier ones, but seconded all the same, kudos.
Its so much better than mine, my only problem is that it has shields, but it seems its designed to take on bigger nastier ships than mine were.