The Ships of Seraphim Industries - Last Updated 12/23/07

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Ooo... that's nice, Normandy. :D

And here's the Ascendancy Part II + a Defense Satellite.
Download them both here.

The Ascendancy's forward section has mostly been complete, with the exception of two large cannons, which are only about 30% complete. The rear section and the engines are still under construction. Defense Satellites have been placed around the ship, to defend it against attacks, should the need arise.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Sran
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sran »

Anna wrote:
Yeah, that invisible aegis idea was nice. I'd never even thought about doing it until I saw it on your ship, so I suppose credit goes to you for that idea. :D
Haha. :lol:
Anna wrote:
The reason I made them come from the floating circles was because I wanted to be able to delete the invisible sections if I even wanted to change them, so I parented them to those circle bits. Delete the circles, and bye-bye shields.
That is a great idea. It is so hard to change the pieces after they are invisible. Lots of clicking involved.

That new Ascendancy ship is nice.
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

ATTN: Anna and Normandy

I've been building some backstory about the Sidwes series with my recently added ship descriptions. I got pretty much the basis of the entire race that made these ships in my head, and I was wondering if there'd be anyway we can integrate our two stories somehow.(I'm asking both of you because Anna made the ships with hefty deascriptions, and Normandy is writing some story to go along with them.)
Anna

Post by Anna »

Natch wrote:ATTN: Anna and Normandy

I've been building some backstory about the Sidwes series with my recently added ship descriptions. I got pretty much the basis of the entire race that made these ships in my head, and I was wondering if there'd be anyway we can integrate our two stories somehow.(I'm asking both of you because Anna made the ships with hefty deascriptions, and Normandy is writing some story to go along with them.)
I'm not sure if our ship designs would mesh well in any story set together. They're wildly different, both in terms of appearance and firepower. Normandy's story is his thing, and despite the fact he's using my ship designs, he has creative control over the story, so if he chooses to intergrate your ships into the story/campaign thing that he's writing, then it's his choice.

That said... MOVING ON! I bring new ships!

Well, yesterday I decided "Hey, I've designed tons of big ships. I'll try something different. I'll try making some smaller ones"... So I did! :D Here they are, descending from largest to smallest. I've been messing around with them, and it looks like all of my ships are fairly well balanced against each other, as a fleet of my smaller ships can crush one of my larger and slower ships like the Legacy into space-dust.

First is the Torque, a decently armed, highly maneuverable Destroyer. A handful of these can go head to head with a Legacy or even a Destroyer of Worlds, although they may suffer heavy casualties in the attempt.
Download the Torque.

Next up is the Velocity, a fast and nimble little Frigate, armed to the teeth and ready to slaughter any and all opposition.
Download the Velocity.

Thirdly is a gunboat/bomber that I call the Fiend. It's very small, very fast, and most ships with decent speed could easily avoid its weapons fire. But against larger ships, these little monsters are lethal. A squad of ten can shred a Legacy-class Dreadnaught in very little time indeed. Accurate beam-weapons and lots of point defense are needed to stop their assault.
Download the Fiend.

And last but certainly not least is the Imp. Too large to be a fighter, too small to be a gunboat, this ship is classified as a heavy-interceptor, quickly darting in to shoot down small and mid-sized ships with highly accurate particle beams, while darting out of the way of any weapons-fire. Ideal for shooting down Fiend-class Gunboats.
Download the Imp.

Also, Part 3 of the Ascendancy should be done sometime in the next 48 hours.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... rmindI.sb2
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... mindII.shp

@Natch: Now you tell me this... Originally I had planned for it to be sort of a crossover between to completely different art styles, etc... But really it's too late for that now. However, all is not lost, as you can probably be implemented in a separate story. I can't really fit you in without it having that "artificial" filler feeling, like I just put you in there for the sake of putting you in there. Sorry. I may decide to do a story for you too though, soon as I get another idea in my head. I just sort of produce ideas spontaneously. That's basically how I started writing a story for Seraphim's ships.

@Everyone: As you may have (of?) noticed, I have, posted above, the blobby brain ship(s) in it's first two evolutions. The second evolution is in .shp form as it's .sb2 is too big and I don't feel like compressing it. Anyways, I just can't come up with a good third evolution, it's just not striking me. It's supposed to be sort of a crystal lattice, in the third color.

Anyways, just to outline this, here's the battle sequence:

Blah blah blah, stuff, etc... reach somewhere near the middle-end, etc...

~Begin Transmission~

"Something's just not right about these pilots... They seem to be throwing themselves at us wildly with no regard to themselves..."
"Oh come now, it's not like they're drones or something. Everyone knows that flexible AI is just a dream, not possible."
"But just something about them... They way they move... They way they fire... It just seems they're not human..."
"Are you sure you get enough sleep? It's not like something contro... WHAT IS THAT?!?"

~End Transmission~

Spoiler pt. I

Basically, this is all cinematic. This is when you're supposed to first meet this strange object, the Mastermind. Since it's in the future it's in it's most highly evolved form, with the crystals and everything. You are Epitath and you go out to search what this transmission was all about. You start fighting it, but you just can't get it. You have to survive for a while, until you decide to retreat.

~Begin Transmission~

"What? A giant floating crystalline brain, Epitath? Impossible!"
"'Tis the truth, Aradel."
"I've heard legends about it, but I've never believed them myself... It's just an old sailor's (in lack of a better term) myth, like the Kraken of old!"
"I'm not kidding around. This... thing has something to do with those mercenaries."
"Let me investigate into this..."
*Alarm rings*
"What was that!?"
"Aradel, look out the window..."

~End Transmission~

Spoiler Pt. II

Basically now you actually have something against the brain: The Seraphim flagship (for you to decide, Seraphim). Basically, it's just survive, again. The brain is still to powerful for everyone to take on. However, right before you jump to escape something eerie happens.

~Begin Transmission~

"Epitath..."
"What? Who was that..."
"Come on Epitath! We have to leave!"
"What? Wait... I'm getting interference on my radio..."
"Epitath..!"
"What?"
"I thought I'd never contact you... I'm changing the oscillations of some of the outer crystals to broadcast this to you on your radio... The Mastermind, which is what you're fighting, cannot be defeated this way... You must go back..."
"What do you think we're doing? We're retreating! Don't rub it in..."
"Not back that way... Back in..."
"Epitath! Come on!"

~End Transmission~

Spoiler Pt. III

Basically, this is just some connecting story.

~Begin Transmission~

"Back in... Back in what? Back inside?"
"I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking you!"
"Well it doesn't matter. What does matter is that we have to find a way to defeat this thing"
"You're right..."

~End Transmission~

Spoiler Pt. IV

Basically some more connecting story. The next mission's objective will be to establish contact again. This is done by once again, surviving for a set amount of time.

~Begin Transmission~

"Epitath! You must go back, before any of this happens."
"Any of what happens?"
"This! Don't you get it? You were sent to the future!"
"I wha..."
"That nebula accident... You were sent to the future through the oscillations of a specific isotope of... Oh never mind! The point is you must go back to interrupt it's growing process."
"To wha?"
"Just do it! I don't have much time... Soon I will..." *static*

~End Transmission~

Spoiler Pt. V

(To be continued)
Last edited by Normandy on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

'Spacers' is a good term to use
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Normandy wrote:http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... rmindI.sb2
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... mindII.shp

@Sidwes: Now you tell me this... Originally I had planned for it to be sort of a crossover between to completely different art styles, etc... But really it's too late for that now. However, all is not lost, as you can probably be implemented in a separate story. I can't really fit you in without it having that "artificial" filler feeling, like I just put you in there for the sake of putting you in there. Sorry. I may decide to do a story for you too though, soon as I get another idea in my head. I just sort of produce ideas spontaneously. That's basically how I started writing a story for Seraphim's ships.
The name is Natch. Not Sidwes.

Now that that's out of the way:

I already thought of a way I could be integrated(at some point.) Seraphim Industries has several monitering stations/explorers/etc, and one of them detects some major activity in a group of far-off star systems. They investigate, and...

OR

Whatever climax with the uber-enemy race your going for, somewhere along the way, you find a drifting ship of the Sidwes series, with or without crew still intact. If the crew is alive, they ask to help them back to their home. If they're dead, you take a look at the ship specks, the computer logs, where they took off from, etc, and find them from there.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Sorry. Big typo. Fixed. Don't notice those kinds of things often.

Then again, if the possible encounter maker has a side-quest maker... I do believe your fleet can be integrated. Are you sure your fleet is balanced against Seraphim's?
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Normandy wrote:Sorry. Big typo. Fixed. Don't notice those kinds of things often.

Then again, if the possible encounter maker has a side-quest maker... I do believe your fleet can be integrated. Are you sure your fleet is balanced against Seraphim's?
Well, they don't neccessarily have to fight...

Anyways, I don't think they're balanced, but lemme check(That means some downloading). If it takes more of my ships to beat one of his, I can simply use part of my story that since all the ships are connected at ONE carefully-engineered core piece, they can be built quickly and in great numbers.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Orr... you could wait for your own story xD
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

I already have a near-complete backstory in my mind.
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

Genuine ownage. Needs heavier weaponry and point defence. Deflectors too. This was no challlenge.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Well, I'm going to try writing a story based on my ship designs and around Seraphim Industries, for NaNoWriMo. This story is separate from Normandy's. If he wants to use elements from it, that's A-Okay. If he wants to ignore large chunks of it, that's also cool. That said, I decided that I needed to write out designations and such for different ships I've made. You may notice that some of the ships I've made, like the Andaro and the Romeda, aren't here. That's because I don't think they fit in with the rest of my ship designs. The ones posted here are "Canon", for Seraphim Industries, so to speak.

Note: The lines separating Light, Regular and Heavy Cruisers are fairly thin. May need some fine-tuning at a later date.

Small Ships:
SII-023H Imp-class Heavy Interceptor

Gunboats:
SIG-152B Fiend-class Bomb Gunboat

Frigates:
SIF-522RA Velocity-class Rapid Assault Frigate

Destroyers:
SID-157RA Torque-class Rapid Assault Destroyer

Light Cruisers:
SIC-L-403S Web-class Standard Light Cruiser
SIC-L-452S Gaheris-class Standard Light Cruiser
SIC-L-470L Telemachus-class Long-Range Light Cruiser
SIC-L-516AC Harper-class Anti-Capital Light Cruiser
SIC-L-726AC Valentine-class Anti-Capital Light Cruiser
SIC-L-850RA Comet-class Rapid Assault Light Cruiser

Cruisers:
SIC-013S Sword of Judgement-class Standard Cruiser
SIC-052B Tybalt-class Broadside Cruiser
SIC-224X Trance Gemini (Solar)-class Experimental Cruiser
SIC-343X Arcueid-class Experimental Cruiser
SIC-XXXX Scion of Destruction-class Top-Secret Cruiser

Heavy Cruisers:
SIC-H-291S Black Arachnia-class Standard Heavy Cruiser
SIC-H-345S Kratos-class Standard Heavy Cruiser
SIC-H-434X Progenitor-class Experimental Heavy Cruiser
SIC-H-512H Retribution-class Heavy-Weapons Heavy Cruiser
SIC-H-513R Avatar-class Rapid-Response Heavy Cruiser

Battleships:
SIB-103S Deicide-class Standard Battleship
SIB-104C Gehenna-class Carrier Battleship
SIB-254P Destroyer of Worlds-class Anti-Planetary Battleship

Dreadnaughts:
SID-021S Legacy-class Standard Dreadnaught
SID-046P Galactus Cannon-class Anti-Planetary Dreadnaught
SID-115H Ascendancy-class Heavy Dreadnaught

EDIT:
I added all of these ships into one nice, easy .zip file. Unfortunately, it was 100kb too large to be uploaded onto the Custom Ships Database, so I had to upload it onto an old Geocities account. Here it is.

I'll edit this post and update it each time I make a new ship design, probably. Either that, or I'll make a new one once there are enough new ships to constitute a new list. I need to add more ships to the Destroyer, Frigate and Gunship classes.
Last edited by Anna on Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quality Control Enforcer
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

doc525 wrote:
Genuine ownage. Needs heavier weaponry and point defence. Deflectors too. This was no challlenge.

Big picture here
Something tells me he probably didn't design it for your super-ships to fight.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Woah... the Ascendancy is starting to look really cool...

It's armed now, although not fully, it has operational engines, both sub-light and ftl. Its Super-laser cannons are about 90% complete. The whole ship is probably about 80-95% completed. Once the laser cannons are done, then an extra layer of hull is going to be build around them, to make them integrated into the ship. There are plans to make a pair of super-lasers that float alongside the ship, tethered by energy cables. Although I'm not sure if I'll do that... depends on how cool it looks.

Anyway, enough of me talking. Here it is...
Download the Ascendancy Part III
Quality Control Enforcer