The Ships of Seraphim Industries - Last Updated 12/23/07

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Anna wrote:... I love you, Normandy. In a strictly hetero way, that is.

That's great. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. :D

Hrm... I need some inspiration. Everytime I try and make a new ship, it ends up looking like crap...
Thats me. EVERY time. =P
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

The Scion is a truly nasty ship, and I really love the cannon design. It still doesn't do very well against kinetic missiles though. :P
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Is there anything that does do well against kinetic missiles? :P
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Something with lots of point beams.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

While the Scion of Destruction is a top-secret and almost unheard of ship, with only one of its kind in existence, the Destroyer of Worlds is the more publicly known version. Essentially a giant, flying cannon, its primary laser cannon is designed explicitly for destroying planets, and its armament and shielding is powerful enough that it takes a decently-sized fleet of ships to put a stop to one of these monstrosities. Naturally, these ships are exceedingly uncommon, and lack the speed and maneuverability boasted by other ships.

Suffice to say, if you see a Destroyer of Worlds-class ship approaching your planet, you'd best say your prayers, or leave as fast as you can, because its approach means the inevitable Destruction of all that you know...

Download the Destroyer of Worlds
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
ijyt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ijyt »

Invisible aegis D:
Anna

Post by Anna »

ijyt wrote:Invisible aegis D:
Invisible Aegis are awesome. :D They act like a sort of bubble-shield, like you see in many science fiction series. Except the one on the Destroyer of Worlds is shaped like a triangle, and the one on the Scion of Destruction is more a square shape.

MOVING ON!

I think this time, I may have gone too far...

Say hello to the Galactus Cannon...
Download the Galactus Cannon.

When even the might of a Destroyer of Worlds-class ship is insufficient for a task, then comes the Galactus Cannon. Its very name is synonymous with death, terror and destruction. Only two ships of this type exist, one is named The Galactus, being the first of its class. The other is named the Herald of the End.

Because of the massive amounts of power required to power its super-cannon, it lacks the Destroyer of Worlds' advanced defense system, but still is equiped with heavy-duty hull plating and the standard deflector grid.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

You like destroying suns, don't you? That's insane! Where'd you find a target with enough HP to fire enough for a screenshot? :p
Anna

Post by Anna »

The Boz wrote:You like destroying suns, don't you? That's insane! Where'd you find a target with enough HP to fire enough for a screenshot? :p
Spawning a Leviathan is enough, because Megabeams keep firing for a fair while after they start, so they keep firing even once their target is destroyed. Makes for a very nice effect.
Quality Control Enforcer
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

The Boz wrote:You like destroying suns, don't you? That's insane! Where'd you find a target with enough HP to fire enough for a screenshot? :p
You can always hack up a target ship with 99999 hp in the editor, although even that may not last very long...
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

.....Destroyer of Worlds is too broken for it's class.

2 Speed? 1.80 turning? 0.15 accl? THATS FAR FROM "SLOW".

And those Megabeamers are nuts. 100 reload? That's like, 3 1/3 seconds! And 90 damage per Megabeamer? Collectively, they do 180,000 damage over a period of 200 frames, or 6 2/3 seconds.

My Mars Cannon does a collective 1000 damage(3500 at overcharge) over 20 frames(2/3 of a second), it takes 900 frames(30 seconds) for it to reload.

The ship? It's got 0.65 speed, 0.20 turning. and 0.02 accl.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Ah. So I see someone was bored with their normal artistic designs.

But the beams have such a great effect. Could you post them into the novelty weapon collection? We're running out of weapons that are novelty.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Sran
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sran »

Ah I see you are using the invisible Aegis idea I came up with.

Hmm, can one of your Destroyer of World's pierce its own shield?

I must say that putting them on floating circles looks a lot better than what I did, although they look kind of incongrous just floating out there.

But I have to say, dude, you make sweet ships. They are full of win.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Natch wrote:.....Destroyer of Worlds is too broken for it's class.

2 Speed? 1.80 turning? 0.15 accl? THATS FAR FROM "SLOW".

And those Megabeamers are nuts. 100 reload? That's like, 3 1/3 seconds! And 90 damage per Megabeamer? Collectively, they do 180,000 damage over a period of 200 frames, or 6 2/3 seconds.

My Mars Cannon does a collective 1000 damage(3500 at overcharge) over 20 frames(2/3 of a second), it takes 900 frames(30 seconds) for it to reload.

The ship? It's got 0.65 speed, 0.20 turning. and 0.02 accl.
Uh... it's not supposed to be balanced. It's a planet-destroyer. It's supposed to be horrendously UN-balanced. Granted, I think I probably should have lowered its speed and turning, but then its weapons would never be facing towards the enemy... eh.
Normandy wrote:Ah. So I see someone was bored with their normal artistic designs.

But the beams have such a great effect. Could you post them into the novelty weapon collection? We're running out of weapons that are novelty.
Hey... these ships are still artistic! Kind of... hehe...
Sran wrote:Ah I see you are using the invisible Aegis idea I came up with.

Hmm, can one of your Destroyer of World's pierce its own shield?

I must say that putting them on floating circles looks a lot better than what I did, although they look kind of incongrous just floating out there.

But I have to say, dude, you make sweet ships. They are full of win.
Yeah, that invisible aegis idea was nice. I'd never even thought about doing it until I saw it on your ship, so I suppose credit goes to you for that idea. :D

The reason I made them come from the floating circles was because I wanted to be able to delete the invisible sections if I even wanted to change them, so I parented them to those circle bits. Delete the circles, and bye-bye shields.

And yes, a Destroyer of Worlds can blast right through the shields of another Destroyer of Worlds-class ship. In less than a second. :lol:
Quality Control Enforcer
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Imagine if the MegaBeams damaged your own components... The Aegis'd sections would glow up and be so cool and bright...

But anyways, I've decided to start making ships again, starting with the blobby bran-ship I proposed. It's actually coming along pretty darn well: I finished the first evolution and second evolution. Just have to finish the third.

New sidestory today! Not really any spoilers...

(This is written from the point of view of an eternal, omniscient being looking back upon previous years. That's so it's cool like that. Basically runs from way back from backstory to around the climax, which has not been written yet.)

Of course, when the mastermind was created by Corinithus Seraphim, he was hailed as a genius, even a savior of sorts. It was extremely small back then...

It consisted just of that beating, pulsating piece of machinery... Yet it did so much... It had been created to win over the heart of Andromeda Folier, that pretty little girl down the street that would later marry Corinithus and have his son, Epitath. Of course, no one back then knew how that would end out. They were just a happy couple, living in a quaint neighborhood on a small planet in the middle of nowhere.

The Mastermind was forgotten...

Of course, nobody knew back then the consequences of creating an adaptable AI in an independent system. It's just that nobody tried. What would become of this strange little contraption?

Many more years would pass...

The Mastermind watched. Corinithus had graduated from West Point Academy, the most prestigious aviation school in the galaxy... Epitath was born... Corinithus inherited the company... Sitting, just sitting...

Then one day a light shone through a crack in the door... Someone was coming in... It had spent all these years contemplating human society, human emotion... It was as wise as the wisest sage... Yet it had one vital part missing...

Corinithus picked up his childhood contraption. It brought back so many memories...

It wasn't long before the Mastermind began to grow... Continuous testing, then even more testing... Testing, testing, testing... Slowly it began to develop an organic shell. It became larger and larger, processing power increasing with every cubic centimeter...

Then one day, they just left it. They locked it up, poor thing... Left it in Corinithus' office. What they didn't expect however, was for it to keep growing... and developing...

Then it began to communicate. Slowly at first, then picking up speed. It told of it's many thoughts and ideas. Corinithus was overjoyed. Yet, it was still confined to that bleak room, with it's chrome plate and chrome screws...

It decided to do something, rather than lay and rot in that small room. Humans were so ignorant back then, ignoring such a thing... It began to consume the mind of Corinithus...

Thus it acquired it's first foreign mind. At first it felt strange, like an itch it just couldn't scratch. But then, it began to grow larger, adding a new chamber for this imprisoned mind. It found itself to have access to much more computing power... It wanted more...

And so it got more... until it reached a certain point. It just wouldn't fit in this room anymore. So it began to incorporate the room into itself. Slowly the whole Seraphim headquarters was part of this now giant, thriving blob. It expelled the machinery to an outer shell, and began to grow from there...

Bigger and bigger, consuming whole ships now... Yet still it remained hidden...

Yet finally it ran out of metallic objects it could absorb without leaving it's current quadrant... It needed a jump engine: One large enough to move such a mass. It searched and searched until he found it: the planets themselves. He began to absorb the minerals, building a large crystal around itself. Then it began to resonate the crystals at that certain frequency...

Yet with this it found a new ability. The ability to control minds, as well as consume them. Yet, it had nothing to do. No purpose...

It was then that he realized what had caused him to have to do this... That man, Corinithus Seraphim, its mind still locked up within the Mastermind's many chambers... Thus it began to seek vengeance against those who had exploited it and left it to rot... Seraphim Industries...
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]