The Chain Ship Project

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

I just realized, if you stare at the back of the ship long enough, it looks like a face/insect with googly eyes.

But anyways, thanks Raul for you contribution(I think the thrusters are nicer now), and look, you even made a personal one. Maybe we'll see it again? Also thanks for PMing Daxx for me.

Well, we finally come to Daxx. This means that after his submission, we can finally begin to finish itImage.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

damn you, now when I look at that ship all I'm gonna be able to see is that face!!! :shock:
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

So just to clarify, people after me are going to be doing minor work on the hull at most? I don't want to leave anything grossly unfinished if that's the case.

I'll get to work as soon as I can.
[/post]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Daxx wrote:So just to clarify, people after me are going to be doing minor work on the hull at most? I don't want to leave anything grossly unfinished if that's the case.
Yeah pretty much, at least I think that's the case.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Figured I should show off my "finished" interpretation. I picked up where I left off (so it has my work and everyone's before it, but not anyone's after) in a fit of boredom and over about three days (I have RSI and didn't want to strain my wrists too much during the recolouring and doodading process, so I pretty much doodaded it, coloured the hull, then did work on the doodads in six+ sessions;

I've named this particular version the GCBS Sentinel, as in the GCBS Sentinel mentioned here.

It's not finished yet, as I still need to tweak firing arcs, weapon stats and deflector placement, as well as the other guns. The missile launchers are turrets, not tube-launchers, and have a restricted firing arc that forces them to rotate to face their target at least somewhat in order to cut down on misses due to flight time. It doesn't launch enough to be a serious strain on FPS - most of that comes from the hull and the blasters which also need tweaking.

Main gun is placeholderish - it's a weaker turreted version of the Thunderbolt particle beam as employed within the disguised array of the Lucifer.

Any thoughts on this little spinoff?

(Yes, the doodads on the sides in some places are coloured for port/starboard. ;))

Ed: I should note, this is not an official submission.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

its interesting because now I can see the purposes of some of the stuff you did. Good job, if you all do spinoffs there will be a whole fleet to surround the finished product lol
Last edited by jwa8402 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Okay, this is what I have so far.

[/post]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

I think that's good for now.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Well I don't like the back, but i do like what you did with the front thrusters...And you might as well delete one of those turrets on the front cuz they don't look very good next to eachother...
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

I agree about the back, but it's obviously WIP there, so just keep working at it.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

[/post]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Image No Image? *Sigh*
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Pfeh, sorry. I had to rush out the door as I was posting that.

[/post]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Them Antenna Arrays are Ugly. Seriously Ugly.

And, though yours is got some good points, I kind of like the last submission better. Course, this is just my opinion.

What does everybody else think Image
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Thankfully I'm not.
[/post]