HP question

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Eaglehaslanded
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

HP question

Post by Eaglehaslanded »

Something I've been wondering about is how the hp system for individual ships you create works.

When you put a value into the "hp" thing for the entire ship in the ship maker, does that mean that the core and each individual section of the ship have this amount of hp each, or is there some other system?
Also, I've heard that the ship builder allocates different amounts of hp to sections at the front and the back of the ship. Is this true?

I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I can't seem to find out any other way.
[img]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/Eaglehaslanded11/miserybanner2output.png[/img]
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

Well. I can answer your question.

While I don't have this game yet, I have used it and the Shipmaker at a friend's house. Now then:

The HP value on the side of the screen (with the name of your ship) applies to the core section. There are separate HP values for every section (default is 300.)

I wish I could give you screenshot, but I have a Mac, currently. I am building a PC tomorrow.

Good luck!

EDIT: Also, no. All sections have a default HP of 300.
Last edited by Skull13 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: HP question

Post by Master Chief »

Eaglehaslanded wrote:When you put a value into the "hp" thing for the entire ship in the ship maker, does that mean that the core and each individual section of the ship have this amount of hp each, or is there some other system?
The shipmaker has a formula which automatically calculates the amount of HP a section deserves while taking into account the core HP. So a ship with 400 core HP would definitely be more durable than one with 350.
Eaglehaslanded wrote:Also, I've heard that the ship builder allocates different amounts of hp to sections at the front and the back of the ship. Is this true?
Yes. This makes it easy for flankers to literally kick ass.
Last edited by Master Chief on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Pete
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pete »

Well, Im not exactly an expert, but...

I think that the hp value is how much the core itself will have. The sections around the core seem to have a bit more than this value, their hitpoints decrease with distance from the core. Parts behind the core have less than in front of it.

EDIT: D'oh. Ninja'd.
Last edited by Pete on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=38337#38337][img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/Pete1001/DarzBannerSmall.png[/img][/url]
Those are my encounters. Bloody hell, does ANYONE play those things?
Eaglehaslanded
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Eaglehaslanded »

Thanks for clearing that up, guys.
[img]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/Eaglehaslanded11/miserybanner2output.png[/img]
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

Really? Because from my very small amount of experience, I thought that all sections had the same HP amount (the default being 300.) I guess I have a LOT to learn.

See you all in a bit! (After I build this new computer.)
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s