IVL Fleet Development thread

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

ArcaneDude wrote:You mean his fiance?
Yea, thats what I get for getting up early.
And yes, FUCKING BEES, ftw.
Carrier it is then I guess.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Status update.
I've not finished the carrier but I've come across a stumble on deciding what to do next. So I'll let you all gawk while I think on it.

Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

Holy hell I love that ship :D. Wish my carrier looked like that. May post mine eventually when I finally add weapons and doodads.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Kaelis wrote:Awesome, just the way i imagine a 'classic' space battleship should look like, with that 'im a boat in space!' look
glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare. Do I have to start carting around that I did it first?

relevancy:

@ Lizzie: Give it point defense weaponry, and a few choice artillery pieces, if you're following Aralonian doctrine. Aralonian carriers, albeit few and far between, would be suited primarily for their carriage role and then as a fire support unit for the launched craft. Artillery pieces would probably shell firing cannons (cfractionals?) or missiles. Not beams - energy requirements for beam focusing array/magnetic bucket/whatever the fuck would be shunted primarily to launch magnetic focusing for carrier launchers.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Lizzie wrote:Status update.
I've not finished the carrier but I've come across a stumble on deciding what to do next. So I'll let you all gawk while I think on it.
Needs more bees! ;)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Carrier is done.

I also highly recommend you view my first post in this thread again. I updated with better pictures including ship names.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Very, very good. Although I have a feeling those hangarbays (for lack of a better description) are a bit vulnerable.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

ArcaneDude wrote:Very, very good. Although I have a feeling those hangarbays (for lack of a better description) are a bit vulnerable.
Well not if it's broadsiding. Which it's supposed too. It's also equipped with long range weapons, it's designed to engage targets outsider their engagement range.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

If the Hangar Bays weren't exposed, where would the drones come out from? =0
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

...Openings in the hull? :? You don't need the entire hangar as a segment, it can also be a part of the ship. But it does look good on the Athena.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

ArcaneDude wrote:...Openings in the hull? :? You don't need the entire hangar as a segment, it can also be a part of the ship. But it does look good on the Athena.
The hangers in the fiction fluff of the ship, are supposed to retract into the hull when not in use. However BSF isn't powerful enough to do that kind of advanced shit yet.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Ow, if only. If only. Muahah. Muahahaha. MUAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Sorry. I drank too much coffee this morning.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

BTW those red sections (Not to be confused with the Doodads) are house colored. Meaning they change to whatever house your running the ships under.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I am assuming the IVL is an Aristocracy?
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

ArcaneDude wrote:I am assuming the IVL is an Aristocracy?
No, house colors meaning the 4 sets of stock colors you set inside the game options.

IVL is a representorial empire, where each under-state has a representative that goes before the high councilor (Emperor/Empress) and acts on that state's behalf. All ultimate power goes the to High councilor in the end though.

In other news. If your interested in showing your support for the IVL's efforts, here's a sig bar for you.