Loh Grand Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lycan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Loh Grand Fleet

Post by Lycan »

Note: This is still largely a work in progress. I will update from time to time. Also the color scheme is undecided.

The Gravis Class Battleship:
An old ship from years before. The Gravis class battleship serves as the main bulk of the Loh Grand Fleet. Its heavy armor, and devastating beam cannons make it a force to be reckon with. Supplementing the beam cannons are six missile pods, and a set of rail guns. As for anti-fighter weaponry it sports many pulse cannons, which can serve as anti-fighter, and extra anti ship weaponry.

The Alo Corvette:
A hardy ship, built sturdy and meant to take fire from annoyed enemy ships. It is a support ship meant to supplement the bigger ships. A few plates of armor separating it from death. Like the Gravis it is an old ship, armed with nothing but a pair of Gat-blasters, and an array of pulse cannons, with particle guns acting as defense against incoming objects and what not.
The Noctis Fighter Craft:
Making up the fighter portion of the fleet is the Noctis fighter craft, lightly armored, and many in number these ships are an important member of the fleet. Armaments include laser blasters, and a single missile pod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll post a back story eventually, also can anyone help me with the ships speed, I need to know how to make it well, less fast. Is the speed measured by frames, or something?
Last edited by Lycan on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Epic Beams are Epic. What did you do to them?

Also, why did you use Stock Hesitia speeds?
Lycan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Lycan »

I didn't really change much yet. Right now I'm focusing on the weapons, and armor. Most of my ships still require tweaking here and there.

Also the beams from the picture is from a time when I screwed up the reload times.
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Could you provide the code for the epic Beamers?

(Click>Edit>E (or R, probably E though) and paste on boards)
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

Ho hum, you want to change Beam reload time huh.

Okay, you want a reload time of five seconds.

This is how to get a reload time of five seconds:

Set the reload time to:

(beam duration) + (150)

For example, if your beam lasts for say, three seconds (as in, has a value of 90), apply 240 to the reload time (90+150, 150 being 5 seconds).

Cuz the BSF SM3 seems to ignore the beam's duration for the reload time which is why beams can reload and refire with one beam still being projected o.o.

Now, if your beam fires two or more clips (like in my DualShock Beam), do this.

(fire rate [fire rate should be longer then that of the beam duration] x amount of clips) + (desired reload time) = reload value

For example:

My DualShock Beams go like this:

(4 frame fire rate x 2 clips) + (4) = (8 + 4) = 12 reload value

Do you get it now?
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/salanos/Rnvtbw.jpg[/img]
Temujin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Temujin »

Why couldn't it be a simple equation like:

x=-b+-(Square Root:b^2-4ac)/2a

And your ship looks like a rock. And in the style of one of the SEIV race sets. The yellow guys.
[i]In difficult ground, press on.
In encircled ground, devise strategems.
In desperate ground, fight.[/i]
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

Temujin wrote:Why couldn't it be a simple equation like:

x=-b+-(Square Root:b^2-4ac)/2a

And your ship looks like a rock. And in the style of one of the SEIV race sets. The yellow guys.
That's a quadratic equation and curves haven't much to do with editing a module (except in the more in-depth game engine details which might affect a Sidewinder).
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Lou Grant fleet?

Anyways, I like that ship. You managed to make repetition look good, and you seem to know a fair bit about weapon modding. The desin seems like inspired by this:

Am I correct?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

If that's the inspiration, the Gravis needs a pointy-er nose.
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

Haha ArcaneDude, when I saw his ship the first thought I had was "Hmm nice ship, reminds me of a Calamari Cruiser."

And again, the repetition was nicely done.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I is in ur hed steeling ur thoughts

Although I do belive the missiles should be replaced with drones. 8)
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Lycan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Lycan »

Thanks for the help, now I just have to keep tweaking it until I get it right.

Now about my ship, no it was not inspired by the picture above, though it looks very very similar. In truth it began as a doodle in English class.

Anyways thanks for the positive comments, and help.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Quite contrary to the others, your repetition is horrible. The weapons are nice though.
Gix
BANNED

Post by Gix »

hmmm the outline is good and personally I'm fine with the repetition, but if you want to appease some of the people who aren't, just put some stuff over it and leave the outline.
messenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by messenger »

Very good Battleship design, I wouldn't mind downloading that one :).
I especially like it's straight 'spine', it's an effective contrast to the curves.
Variety is the spice of life.