Need BIG Spacestations!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

Arcalane wrote:I think the problem with the bases right now is their AI range. I think it's calculated from the core, not the outermost edge, so by the time the Zodiac with it's 100px AI range has picked up hostiles, it's already too late. :?

If you want an actual 100px 'target acquisition' range, measure the thing from one edge to the other, and add 100 to that. I think that should do the trick. :)
Uh, last time I checked, AI range didn't matter for Space Stations because they don't move. AI range only determines how close the ship will want to go to the enemy, right? If that's so, then it shouldn't be a concern for Stations because they don't go anywhere.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Yes, but then logically, why did the Panzuriel hold back in using it's Mega Beams (which had 90 degrees of rotation) on the Cronii I was using to attack it?

Can you give me a logical reason it would do that? The Cronii were well within optimal range of the Mega Beams - the Panzuriel only ever actually fired it's tachyon cannons - and by that time it was far too late. Sure, it launched the Demeters, but not anything else. :?
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Arcalane wrote:Can you give me a logical reason it would do that? The Cronii were well within optimal range of the Mega Beams - the Panzuriel only ever actually fired it's tachyon cannons - and by that time it was far too late. Sure, it launched the Demeters, but not anything else. :?
Maybe regular Beamers have a bit more range? I dunno, since it fired back at me.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Miss the part where I said the Cronii were well within that optimal range of the Mega Beams?

Either way, I think I'll experiment with modifying the range of the Panzuriel's mega beams possibly up to or slightly above the range of stock beamers and maybe add some missile launchers so it's not too easy to fight just by sniping at it from out of it's mega beam optimal. :P

EDIT: I experimented with this and the Panzuriel is a lot more aggressive now. I'm going to experiment with the AI range some more to see if I can make it any more aggressive, and if so, if it's offensive capabilities will need to be increased/decreased to compensate.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

I think its the turn speed. if the gun has a lower turn speed than the station they don't fire as much.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Unlikely. Most stations have a rotation of 0.10 or less, I think. The Panz is 0.15, tops - even a megabeamer's 0.75 base rotation beats that.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Why on earth do the levi's gatling pulses have a range of 200? come to think of it, why does it even have them in the first place?
Look Up
upon reading this:
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Da_Higg wrote:Why on earth do the levi's gatling pulses have a range of 200? come to think of it, why does it even have them in the first place?
To prevent flying over the core and blowing up the 4 main struts from the inside in like 15 seconds.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

What Tormak said. They're an anti-rushing system. Any ships that could get in and take out a strut fast enough would be weak enough to be easily toasted by four gatpulses.

'course, that's assuming the debris doesn't toast 'em.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Taioko
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Taioko »

I've made a new big ol' space station... It's not as big (or as deadly) as my last one, but I still like it... And it's still pretty deadly.

I'll post it in this topic later, when I get the files on this computer...

Also, yeah, the gatling pulses do their job, as the first time I went up against the Leviathan, my team was...

Zelus...
Zelus...
Zelus...
Zelus...
Zelus...
And... Well, you get it. They got toasted! Whoo!
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Arcalane wrote:What Tormak said. They're an anti-rushing system. Any ships that could get in and take out a strut fast enough would be weak enough to be easily toasted by four gatpulses.

Then whats with the short range then. most ships never have to get that close, ang gatpulses are good weapons
Look Up
upon reading this:
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Da_Higg wrote:
Arcalane wrote:What Tormak said. They're an anti-rushing system. Any ships that could get in and take out a strut fast enough would be weak enough to be easily toasted by four gatpulses.

Then whats with the short range then. most ships never have to get that close, ang gatpulses are good weapons
Because if you're destroying it from the outside in, then you're not flying directly over the core to shoot at the struts from the inside.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

I just don't see the point in reducing the range. keeping it at default would still have the same effect
Look Up
upon reading this: