United Fronts - Major WIP - Beta Package Uploaded

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should I continue this?

Yay
60%
Nay
40%

Total votes: 10

Scorpia
Commander
Commander

United Fronts - Major WIP - Beta Package Uploaded

Post by Scorpia »

Hey guys! This is my new fleet/s! It's pretty much a new "faction" and it's like NATO, but only this time every country on Earth is allied to fight the pirates and aliens. I've gotten started now with the Chinese, Russian Federation, and the United States so far. I'll be working on the United Kingdom next after I'm done with the orbital lasers and drones.

United States
---------------
Wyvern Mythica: Image
Description: The Wyvern Mythica, a bird-like dreadnaught, is the prime ship for the American and British divisions in the United Fronts. The Wyvern sports many arms, 10 Aegii Deflectors, some torpedoes, and defenses/arms. The Wyvern also sports a special Demeter Assaulter designed by America's one and only Lockheed Martin Co.

Foxhound III Class Small Space Station:
Description: The Foxhound III Class Space Station is heavily equipped. It has a platform arm, weapons bay, mini repair dock, and a docking station for small ships. The Foxhound III's weapons bay is protected by Aegis Deflectors, and the mini repair station is equipped with two Nana Matrixes and one Demeter Pod Launcher for defense. The Space Station is currently used by the American, Chinese, and Russian divisions of the United Front.

Skorpione Class Destroyer:
Description: This ship, the Skorpione, is a powerful ship. However, use it wisely, for it has few Aegis Deflectors. It is currently used by the United States with advanced thruster systems for quick speeds and agility.

Russian Federation
----------------------
Flathatta Class Missile Drone:
Descripition: The Flathatta Missile Drone is used by the Russian Federation's part of the United Fronts. This drone is not piloted and is controlled by advanced remote signals. It carries 6 Missile Launchers as reference to its drone type, a missile drone. The Russians have also added two railguns to this drone.

Sovremenny VI Class Carrier:
Descripition: A Sovremenny VI Carrier is the future version of the Russian Sovremenny Class Destroyer, this Sovremenny is currently used by the Chinese and Russian divisions of the United Fronts faction. It is heavily armed, and includes a weapons bay, repair dock, and platform dock. It has many levels of flight decks and is heavily armored.

Description: The Foxhound III Class Space Station is heavily equipped. It has a platform arm, weapons bay, mini repair dock, and a docking station for small ships. The Foxhound III's weapons bay is protected by Aegis Deflectors, and the mini repair station is equipped with two Nana Matrixes and one Demeter Pod Launcher for defense. The Space Station is currently used by the American, Chinese, and Russian divisions of the United Front.

China
-------
Xi'an Class Dreadnaught:
Description: The Xi'an Class Dreadnaught is used by the Chinese division of the United Fronts. This dreadnaught is armed to the teeth with modules that has no need for the use of energy. It is also armed with many defenses and high turn rate arms. This dreadnaught was the result of the Chengdu Aircraft Intdustry Corporation's effort to build a dreadnaught that equals to the American Wyvern Mythica.

Sovremenny VI Class Carrier:
Description: A Sovremenny VI Carrier is the future version of the Russian Sovremenny Class Destroyer, this Sovremenny is currently used by the Chinese and Russian divisions of the United Fronts faction. It is heavily armed, and includes a weapons bay, repair dock, and platform dock. It has many levels of flight decks and is heavily armored.

And that's it for now! Next up is an orbital laser for the Americans! :D And again, comments, comments, and comments please! The beta testing download is available below. Hmmm. Also, the Ship Builder doesn't have an option for me to change the weapon colors. :S If anyone tells me, could you please be specific? Thanks!

Download: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... a_Test.zip
[img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa224/darthvader5225/SasoriSignaturebySherman.jpg[/img]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I'm sorry, this is the first time I have to say this, but I don't like 'em. They seem too messy, too dull, too repetitive and full of mirrorring errors on the symmetrical ones. You might wanna get back to the drawing board.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Scorpia
Commander
Commander

Post by Scorpia »

Ok. No need to say that you are sorry. ;) I don't mind, it just tells me what I need to work on. I'll go to work then I guess. As I said, this is only a beta. I'm planning to go to work on the space station first because even I don't like it. XD
[img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa224/darthvader5225/SasoriSignaturebySherman.jpg[/img]
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Well, there's certainly potential. Some things don't fit (cohesion on the "arms", the red stripe across the carrier) but it has the makings of a cool fleet. One thing that needs fixing - desperately - is the mirroring on the first ship. Ruins an otherwise attractive vessel.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Why the hell are the russian and Chinese ones so damn ugly. I mean, the US ones aren't the best, but its as if you wanted the iothers to be really ugly.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Scorpia
Commander
Commander

Post by Scorpia »

Venator wrote:Well, there's certainly potential. Some things don't fit (cohesion on the "arms", the red stripe across the carrier) but it has the makings of a cool fleet. One thing that needs fixing - desperately - is the mirroring on the first ship. Ruins an otherwise attractive vessel.
Hehe, yeah, I know about that and I'm fixing it. I accidently went across the middle line with the parts then mirrored it. Also, the red stripe across the carrier is actually supposed to resemble the flight deck, you know, like the landing spot on a modern carrier (I mean the ones we use on the sea right now.) And Mjolnir, I don't want them to be ugly, I, am actually Chinese myself. I'm working on the orbital laser right now. What do you think? I could also incorporate the design to a space station.

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I like the basic shape of the oribital laser, although if you look up ships like the Andromeda, I think there are better pieces to use for the curve your trying for...those saucer pieces are ruined cuz of the back part I wish they would fix that. Anyway very good conceptually and it seems like you know the things you need to fix.
Hey, do the Canadians get their one warship? lol
Kane
Commander
Commander

Post by Kane »

Same, they look messy and quickly done. Fix it and it might have something behind it. Take most of the weapons off the carrier and put a quick firing Demeter Launcher and you might have a better carrier, not a battle ship.
[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg43/Kane_Lives/BSFS1.jpg[/img]
Scorpia
Commander
Commander

Post by Scorpia »

Roger that I'll do I refit of the ships that you guys don't like. :P Should I keep the Russian Missile Drone though? Actually, the amount of time was over 30 minutes for the dreadnaughts and carrier. O.o Yes, Canadians get there own fleet once I'm finished with the refit. ;) Also, could someone tell me how to change the color of the weapon? Like I want the mega beamers on my orbital laser to by green, blue, or maybe even magneta.
Last edited by Scorpia on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caboose
Commander
Commander

Post by Caboose »

To change the weapon colors, simply select a weapon, click the edit tab on the left hand side, go down to weapon color, and go from there.
No, wait, go back! Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?

The United Terran-Grakk'Mar Alliance Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
Scorpia
Commander
Commander

Post by Scorpia »

Caboose wrote:To change the weapon colors, simply select a weapon, click the edit tab on the left hand side, go down to weapon color, and go from there.
Hmm...for some reason, I don't have that option as you can see below. O.o
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Um, he meant the edit tab under the "add" tab next to the section selection, i think.
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Scorpia
Commander
Commander

Post by Scorpia »

DeathsHand wrote:Um, he meant the edit tab under the "add" tab next to the section selection, i think.
Ahh...There we go. Thank you DeathsHand and Caboose so much! :)
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Hey! Cool.. Ive got a fleet for S'pore! Maybe I could send you my files and let you test them out.

Ok, I'd better not digress.
Regarding your ships, They seem very mixed up, as if they were thrown into a blender, then mixed with paint. I do like the idea of nations having ships BUT PLEASE STOP MAKING MESSY SHIPS!
(Sorry If you find this harsh)
But heck you can revamp it. And 1 more thing... Are they supposed to be asymetrical?
I think so.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

bl3d4 wrote:Ive got a fleet for S'pore!
What?! You come from Singapore?

*faints*
I come from Singapore too...>.<

Back to fleets and ships...
I'm sorry, man, but you'll have to correct some of the extremely glaring aesthetic mistakes in some of those ships...and come up with some more ships to impress us...these ships down here don't exactly look very cohesive, and those stations look plain terrible to me. Those arms...
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]