Fleet of ships I've built, including a fortress!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Fleet of ships I've built, including a fortress!

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Hi all. First of all I am relatively new to this game (v0.84 was my first version) and I am new to the forum. Nice to meet you all.

I've made some ships and would like to share them in exchange for bashings and criticisms. Tell me what you think and feel free to say they are crap and I am more than happy to hear from you so I can improve upon them.
8)

Also the sb3 files are included so play around and modify them to your likings. Keep it to yourself though.

The weapons stats are heavily modded and I'd probably some silly mistakes or used wrong settings. Do tell me if you think some attributes would be better to set to something else.

Be warned however, these ships are no way balanced against official ships. I sort of balanced it with ships of the level like Viscount. I tried to make them not overly powerful. Instead my intention is to make the ships much bigger scale in terms of weapon layout (than official ships) and made battles epic. Several of them probably would cause slow performances.

1. 1. Infinitum class covertte

I made this as small as possible and originally called them fighters but they are still too big for my taste so I called them coverttes.
I stumbled upon how to make machine gun effects with blasters and thought the effect is nice.

Download me

1. 2. Vulcan class destroyer

This is a close quarter combat ship as you can see with the pulse guns. Overboard perhaps. I've made a shot gun type custom weapon with the blasters, gotta love the blasters' versatility. So it fire a shotgun type projectile from front. Which again reinforce it's close quarter role.

Download me

1. 3. Starlight class light cruiser

I don't have much to say on this one. My first attempt at a small ship. Its function is long-medium range fire support which complements the Vulcan.

Download me

1. 4. Eccelia class battle carrier

This is actually my earliest attempt at shipbuilding so it should have a bit more flaws. The core is actually slanted to the front bow side which was not intended. I've therefore strengthen the front with aegis. The ship's broad profile would make it vulnerable. The back side is quite susceptible as well. It's turn rate also made it vulnerable to flanking. I've made it's beam weapon relatively strong against small ships.

Download me

1. 5. Trident class battleship

My first capital ship. I've stole some ideas here and there :oops:
Well I am happy how it came out. It's main weapon is a siege cannon that is made up of 2 beam effect. A shock beamer is used to widen the beamer because in the original form it doesn't look powerful. The main damage dealer however is the beamer. The beamer unit has a slightly longer duration and a deeper colour hue than the shock beamer to give a die out effect near the end. I am quite fond of this effect. *applause* :twisted:

Download me

1. 6. Fortress Mesopotamia

Firstly weird naming I know,. I am bad with names you'd probably know by now if you've been reading. I thought of Babylon but it's overused. Mesopotamia is the ancient name of Babylon.

This is the outcome of experimenting with asymmetric design. This fort is actually a quick job. I think there needs to be more decorations with doos but I got bored. I didn't put too much weaponry in but the ones I put had been modified. I tried to place weapons and made the firing arcs where they make sense aesthetically. There can be a lot of rooms for improvement here.

The main weapon is a sweeping beam. Since the fortress rotates like the official Leviathan do, I thought it would be interesting to make a sweeping beam. The beam does a whole revolution when fired and is quite powerful.
Fast ships can outrun it but if ships are made realistic only fighter class can outrun it. Perhaps I would make the fortress rotate slower.

Download me

Thanks for looking and I hope you like them :D
Last edited by AnnihilatorX on Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Reserved 8)
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Nice asymmetrical fort.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Parenting is nice, you seem to have the hang of using the SM's different features. Although they seem a bit overpowered, you've done a good job. Keep it up.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

:< The link for the fortress is broken.
Its a rather nice fleet I must say.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Thanks for the replies.

I've fixed the download link to the fortress.

I agree the ships are overpowered. I might tune down the point defence of Trident a bit since no missile can hit it currently. I personally think the official ships are too weak (with good reasons and intentions) and the battle would be more fierce and fun with nominally powerful ships.

I forgot to mention Trident's front bow is not completely shielded by Aegis. It's a 3 armour plate design that if you kill the first one, the aegis shield protecting the second plate will go down. This is to prevent the damage of turrets before the first plate is destroyed.

I have a ramming ship in the making that would do damage extremely close but I could not figure out how to make it. The range settings if set too low, say below 100 any weapons would not seem to fire at all.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Awesome fortress :D
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Fuiste
Commander
Commander

Post by Fuiste »

Decent enough designs. I'd say they were pretty damn good if they didn't have so many guns on 'em. Unbalanced is fine, but maybe try modding weapons instead of adding more, 'cause your are pretty stuffed to the gills. Also, JPEG images are not your friend. Save BSF pics as PNGs and they'll look much better.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k112/Rudygizmo/Newsig.png[/img]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

DON'T resize the size of your Ship Maker window. It will make your eyes go bonkers, and also make us crazy over the size of those pics.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Hey AnnihilatorX can you please post a .zip file of the fortress. I don't to download a .rar opener cause' I have enough junk on my computer already.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

The fort doesn't look slipshod.
(pardon the possibly sucky english)
In fact, the fortress looks good cause of the contrast of the blue and the aegis.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen