Some new Battlefleet Gothic fleets

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Mike
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Mike »

If Wanktastic means what I'm pretty sure it means, thankyou, that's what I was going for. :) I don't like wank.

I also appreciate the comment on the balance - I tested them relatively rigorously, and all their armaments and stats are derived more-or-less consistently from the values in Battlefleet Gothic.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Nice, try expanding the fleets with your own designs. BFG is rather limited.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Mike wrote:If Wanktastic means what I'm pretty sure it means, thankyou, that's what I was going for. :) I don't like wank.

I also appreciate the comment on the balance - I tested them relatively rigorously, and all their armaments and stats are derived more-or-less consistently from the values in Battlefleet Gothic.
Yes, it means obscene/overpowered. We've had some BFG ships before which were more loosely interpreted... to the point that someone had rather over-read into the fluff and their blasters could one-shot a Cronus, or something. Oh, and they had a ridiculous amount of aegis shielding to represent the Void Shields, IIRC.

Suffice to say, I never used those.

These, on the other hand...
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

These are awesome!
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Koross wrote:These are awesome!
Seconded. Anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot. :P
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
DeathsHands
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DeathsHands »

*Hands big check*

I present to you this check for the awsomest (sp?) ship collection I have ever seen.

*Hands smaller check*

That one's just for being Warhammer 40k.
[img]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7478/pinned1cz5.jpg[/img]
BigFattyPlus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by BigFattyPlus »

I have to concur. Being a light fan of the Warhammer 40,000K series, I know of many of those ships. I think you did an excellent job. I also like your Orc fleet. It really mimics their creed of "put it together as long as it works", especially the large orc ship, ha ha ha. I really like the blacks ships. They have a certain appeal to me.
"Suffer the little ones, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BygPhattyPlus
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

The others were alright, but the Orkz were brilliant.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I like the fact that they all have a playable size.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Space hulk = win.
Mike
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Mike »

Thankyou everybody :)

I'm glad people like the Ork ships - I believe they are technically some of the least accurate since I've never seen an orcish ship model, so I pretty much had to do what I could to copy the "toothy and ragged" look they seem to have.

I'm working on a "campaign" (bundle of encounters) using these ships. They'll be a bit repetitive until [ I figure out how to / th15 makes it possible to ] set victory conditions other than "destroy all the baddies," but I like having storyline. I'm starting with the Tau because I find the Tau 'gothic' storyline very glamorous (they start off blundering into space with HUGE, clumsy colony/exploration vessels, and their ships get steadily smaller, more deadly and more attractive as they improve)

Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention

Not ALL of the ships I made are in these images. There is also (a broad interpretation of) the Chaos Planet Killer, Active and Inactive Blackstones, a Space Station and a Ramiles Star Fort.

If anyone ends up with balance comments, post 'em here for the greater good :)
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

The Chaos and Tyranid go into my personal favourites 8)
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]