A taste of things to come.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Or a Nagaya3. :P
sarnas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sarnas »

Guys, lay off.

I for one like Lizzie's ships, and all you guys do is piss at her. She left once you know!

She decided to come back because she wouldn't let some fargity ass kids like you ruin her fun, and now your doing it again!

If your going to post something you know will start an arguement, just stop, click back, and go into a different thread.

Sorry for mini rant.

Lizzie, I love these ships. I don't like the design of the smaller ones (Just for looks I mean.) But their simplistic appearence is good in a way. Ease of manufacture and the ease of repair. Imagine having to repair a velvet hammer compared to one of these of the same size.

If you want help bug hunting, just PM me a download link and I will give it a shot.

I lvoe the "Gun Decks" on the bigger ones, mind if I steal it?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

What is it with people (including the author) going full ballistic whenever someone criticizes Lizzie's ships? You can make remarks, even stupid and baseless ones, about any ship here, and nobody will jump at you. But if its made by Lizzie - you're in deep shit. Its as if her creations incite some kind of passion in people.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

ArcaneDude wrote:With originality I mean that I was expecting something more on the lines of your older designs.
Uh, what. How the fuck is that original. Following the older designs would be the opposite to originality, and those designs as I recall were not all that original either as they were mostly (or loosely?) based off Battlestar Galactica craft (no offense intended, Liz).
ArcaneDude wrote:These simply don't look original.
They do compared to her old ships. Hell, I haven't seen all that many styles based around broadsides like this and I'd say it's pretty unique and original with the use of yellow.

~~

Just out of curiousity, when was the last time you posted a ship, AD?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

ArcaneDude wrote:And I will NOT, I repeat NOT be told to fuck off every time I give a bit of harsh critics on your ships, or you.
You will be told to "fuck off", whenever somebody decides to do so. You do not get a say in the matter.

That said, fuck off ArcaneDude.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Kaelis wrote:What is it with people (including the author) going full ballistic whenever someone criticizes Lizzie's ships? You can make remarks, even stupid and baseless ones, about any ship here, and nobody will jump at you. But if its made by Lizzie - you're in deep shit. Its as if her creations incite some kind of passion in people.
I dunno about everyone else but I get sick of baseless/harsh criticism, the latter of those two ONLY if it's no where near helpful in anyway. Which was in the case of ArcaneDude. If it's helpful then I'm more then happy to listen to it.
ArcaneDude wrote:Okay.Enough.

And I will NOT, I repeat NOT be told to fuck off every time I give a bit of harsh critics on your ships, or you.

Is that perfectly clear?
Umm no it's not clear. Since when was you God, or my father for that matter? This is my thread, MY ships. If I have a problem with you, I will say what I fucking like. And I DO have a problem with you as of this moment.

You have no authority in my thread, over me, or over this forum for that matter. So once again, I say, FUCK OFF. Come back with your "I am God" degree and we shall see.

Oh and this is the last public post I'm making on this matter. Post again in derailment of MY thread and I'll summon a mod to delete the post. Use PM's if you dare to continue.
ChaosTheory wrote:Hmmm . . . I actually just noticed how effective your color scheme is. The bright yellow on dark grey makes it look like constuction equipment . . . and the "pixel" effect gives it a gritty, war-machine appearance.
Ever play Homeword? These ships are somewhat inspired by Taidan ships also. They had bright yellow for their stock colors.
Exethalion wrote:I have turned her back to the dark side...

Nice to see you're going small again. Or are you going to have bloody enormous SM3 busting monsters with this fleet as well?

Now I want asymmetrical Lizzie ships to eat OM NOM NOM NOM.

:shock:
Ok responded in a list:

1. No Large ships. Honestly I'm sick of em, sick of how they kill my RAM. Sick of wasting 5 hours making just one. I find making these smaller ships more enjoyable now.

2. No asymmetrical ships, sorry, but no. I hate asymmetrically. It gives me ulcers.
TheBlueEcho wrote:If it is not too much trouble, perhaps you can give us some action shots?
Eh I have one already. I might make some more. Would make me take longer to finish playtesting them though. :P

Double post to split up mound of text.
Arcalane wrote:
ArcaneDude wrote:With originality I mean that I was expecting something more on the lines of your older designs.
Uh, what. How the fuck is that original. Following the older designs would be the opposite to originality, and those designs as I recall were not all that original either as they were mostly (or loosely?) based off Battlestar Galactica craft (no offense intended, Liz).
ArcaneDude wrote:These simply don't look original.
They do compared to her old ships. Hell, I haven't seen all that many styles based around broadsides like this and I'd say it's pretty unique and original with the use of yellow.

~~

Just out of curiousity, when was the last time you posted a ship, AD?
1: Like arc said. The older ships were far from original. They was somewhat decent BSG ripoffs that honestly I could never find something to like in. Thats why I made so many variants.

2: No offense taken at all. Hell I'll admit I thought they was pretty unoriginal.

3: Thanks. The new broadside method is something I've been working on for about a month.

4: I'm curious as to if AD has any ships myself.

Action shot:

Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Well, at least you're not pushing out unfinished crap, you're spending time to actually make your ships complete before releasing them. (Mildly gestures in the direction of-...)

Yes... You are moving towards the small-ship side of the force...

Are there more ships that weren't in that screenshot?
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Normandy wrote:Are there more ships that weren't in that screenshot?
The first one? Only the flagship. Which some of you may recognize when you see it. :wink:
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

Aah! The drama llama is strong with this thread! :shock: :P

Well I know I already said I like these ships but I'd like to respond to the criticisms that "these look like stock ship rip-offs" by saying that I could clearly see that these may be inspired by the stock ships but the differences are quite obvious to me. These ships are simple in a way (no ablatives, no outlining, fewer sections) but they're well designed in my opinion. It can be hard to make something that is simple yet appealing and I think these ship pull it off. They work for me. :D

I'm not taking anyone's side here. That's just my honest two cents. I really hate to see people argue like this.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Lizzie wrote:Action shot:

[img]snip[/img]
:shock: Hawt. Those blaster bolts are hella pretty, and the blue deflectors on the yellow hull parts are just awesome :)
sarnas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sarnas »

Why do I get so angry when someone critisizes Lizzie's work?

Because it is ALWAYS her thread that gets spammed by random idiots! Always! And it is always her ships being used as target practice, her ships used to compare stats and she never gets any "Thank you Lizzie, I used your ship as target practice." Just a "I CAN KILL LIZZIES SHIPS LOLOLOLOL".

If you have a problem with me defending her, you should think about why. If I am defending, then you must be the attacker.

Back on topic:

PRITTEY! I love the blue deflectors, I gotta try that...

I'd love seeing some background on them (Hell, I'll even help you write it if you want.)
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Danny420Dale wrote:

[img]snip[/img]
:shock: Hawt. Those blaster bolts are hella pretty, and the blue deflectors on the yellow hull parts are just awesome :)
The blaster bolts were colored like that to achieve the look of actual ballistic cannon shots. I think it works rather well, don't you?
sarnas wrote:Back on topic:

PRITTEY! I love the blue deflectors, I gotta try that...

I'd love seeing some background on them (Hell, I'll even help you write it if you want.)
Blue deflectors = Use Iceblue for the color. Or sky blue.

Background writing will come. Trust me I love fluff as much as everyone else. :wink:
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Danny420Dale wrote:
[img]snip[/img]
Yep. I have to say the same.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Pearl-colored blasters? Ingenious.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
sarnas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sarnas »

Can't we all just get along?

Lizzie posted her ships. Give useFUL advice on them, or don't post, it's really that simple.

I already said what I though but...

It's awesome again! I don't like yellow personally, but you made it look good.