2nd try for a decent fleet (Sneek peek time)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

I have eaten him. ALIVE.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

vVhorpax wrote:I have eaten him. ALIVE.
Quick, everyone! Put him into quarantine! We don't know if it's contagious! That much n00bness might even be poisonous!

Hurry up, Cap'n! She can't take much more of this! [/scotty]
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Naaah. He's a cancer, not an oral infection.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

ArcaneDude wrote:Strange. I think Lizzie actually did the job... I haven't seen any more posts from MC2...

Kudos!
No! He's been banished from the BSF forums!

Apparently he got banned on the other XP com (not the Vista one I use)! So no more BSF forums for him! :D
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO :D :D :D !
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

I´m working right now at my mothership and so I think it´s time for a litte preview....

Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

That looks awesome. Can't wait to see how it comes together.

I've been playtesting some of these ships, and I have only two gripes. They look amazing, and they're all balanced relatively with each other. Fix these two glaring issues, and these ships will be among the best I've seen.

Problem 1: It's already been mentioned, but several of these ships have parenting issues. This makes playing with them much less fun, because you destroy a segment in the middle and you don't get the satisfaction of seeing the front half of the ship blow off violently. Instead, the two halves float there. With as many layers of armor as you have, I can see why parenting is tough, but fixing it would make these much better ships.

Problem 2: This one is much less obvious until you do some real playing with these ships. The antennae look great, but they're a real bitch in combat. They cause two problems. First, they have way too much HP, effectively blocking every shot from hitting its target because they jut out.
To compound that, they always get deflectored, making them invincible. Since they stick out, they effectively become a shield, preventing you from hitting the area beneath. Before you can hit the ship, you have to go through layer after layer of almost indestructible antennae. Fortunately, this has an easy fix. Lower the HP on those segments. Make it so they are taken off in a shot or two, before the deflectors go up. ~50 HP should do the trick. Pros? Realism, and a lot more fun out of the battles. Cons? You loose your aesthetics pretty quick against tough ships. This is one of those cases where I feel the pros greatly outweigh the cons.
Last edited by Sponge on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

ArcaneDude wrote:Whew...And I thought I could lose my temper...
Trust me, thats not me losing my temper. :wink:
derekiv wrote:Although i agree with your opinion, your, lets say wording is a little strong.....
Hardly compared to the post I made towards Zone51.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Yeah, I know these probs, but they´ve already been solved at the most ships. This is my long balacing time. Antennas have 10-40 hp. Floating halves have been reduced. There will be blastable holes, I like the idea to blow a hole in a ship. And there are no "mirroring" issues in asym ships. ^^

So stay tuned when I ended my mad screaming / running in circles everytime I´m reparenting a bigger ship.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

vVhorpax wrote:And there are no "mirroring" issues in asym ships. ^^
:D. Fixed.

Hurry up and get some new downloads out!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Niceness! I can't wait to see the whole ship!

@Lizzie: I demand a pm anger rally!
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

a small update

derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

must resist......
must resist......
must resist......

*resistance fails*

AAGHHHHHH, THE BEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other wise awesome ship: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

It really looks awesome. You've given it a great sense of depth and massiveness. It really does look like some enormous machine.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Sigh, you along with a select few others make me wish I had a better computer to actually play with these babies...
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]