That's overpowered? No this is overpowered

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

kais58
Ensign
Ensign

That's overpowered? No this is overpowered

Post by kais58 »

My first ship, obviously supremely overpowered in everyway
heres me taking down kazuel's pheonix

and again

and my ship after the fight

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Killer.zip
Last edited by kais58 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxAstro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by MaxAstro »

You people and your really massive overpowered ships. Superweapons shouldn't be gigantic, huge, and impossible to hide, they should be small and nimble, so no one sees them coming.

In that vein, I give you: The Sun Crusher (Yes, inspired by the Jedi Academy books).

Looks innocent enough, right? Well, except for being completely invincible.

Sun Crusher vs Leviathan in sandbox. Total time to victory: ~3 seconds. I couldn't find a weapon that implied blowing up a star (I suppose I could have used Plasma Bombs with massive damage, maybe I'll change it to that), so I went with a death star laser instead.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... rusher.shp
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft
kais58
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kais58 »

well at least mine can be killed, 12 cronus and 8 hestia, but it can still be killed
MaxAstro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by MaxAstro »

Strangely enough, I have seen the Sun Crusher killed. It was being fired on by something like thirty quadblasters, and somehow it's shields got overloaded.

In also news, based on the title of this thread, I think we should make this a contest: Each person much post a ship more overpowered than the previously posted ship. ^_^
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

Won't work; in short time, ships will approach and reach invulnerability to canon ships and anything but the most absurd of custom weapons.
RRoan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RRoan »

You honestly think that's over-powered? A while back I made a ship so ridiculously overpowered it was just.. well... ridiculous. In fact, I still have a picture of it.
[url=http://www.omniversezero.com/forum/][img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3814/sigpiclc4.jpg[/img][/url]
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

RRoan wrote:You honestly think that's over-powered? A while back I made a ship so ridiculously overpowered it was just.. well... ridiculous. In fact, I still have a picture of it.
Gentlemen, Ready Lancets. :twisted:

As for my overpowered ship, I go for quantity over quality. Behold, the Ultra Cloner!

Taioko
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Taioko »

I've got my fair share of overpowered ships, most of them not made by me.
I find it more fun to pit several slightly overpowered ships against one plain vanilla "overpowered" ship, in the sense that it's not the rank of overpowered that basically has a custom-weapon that does 9k damage every 2 seconds, but rather a ship that's just filled with an insane variety of weapons...

By the time you hit "'K guys, if you exist to close to it, you die... 'K? Fun? Yeah? Yeah?... No?" it's just boring.

Seriously.
The Infamous RayCav
Commander
Commander

Post by The Infamous RayCav »

No no no! You're all doing it wrong! When you want overpowered, you don't want BIGGER, you want smaller!

hxzero
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by hxzero »

That's not RayCav's Phoenix! It's Kazuael's Phoenix.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

have a look in the custom ships folder and download 'target'

it takes hours to kill :lol: ...
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
hxzero
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by hxzero »

I made a ship that is just a ship core with six 1000-damage Shock Beamers, and 2 2500-damage, 2-reload railguns. It has 250000 HP and each of the weapons has 25000. Now that is overpowered. I pitted it against about seven leviathans, and it one-shotted six of them at once and lagged my game to 1 FPS.
Fangz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fangz »

How about this, then? I coin the 'Hestiacount'.

The Hestiacount of a given ship is the minimum number of Hestias required to beat it, if the ship is in the hands of the enemy, and the Hestias are in the hands of a human player. For reference, 1 Cronous is worth about 10 Hestias. A crazy ship with a long range weapon and enough speed to get away, and shields on every side, would have an infinite Hestiacount.

The competition is as follows - Each must post a more powerful ship than the previous, but every ship must have a demonstrably finite Hestiacount - i.e. the poster must show that his ship is eventually defeatable with skill and the original ships that came with the game.
MaxAstro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by MaxAstro »

...I don't know about you, but I can kill a Cronus with WAY less then 10 Hestias...

If both sides are on autobattle, then maybe it takes 10, but I don't think it would take more than 6 in the hands of a reasonably skilled player.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

THIS is overpowered:
The wreck is what remains of a Leviathan...