Federal Deepspace Navy of Jonis

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Federal Deepspace Navy of Jonis

Post by vVhorpax »

Shipname: FND Fensa
Shiptyp: Jonis Destroyer "Ghasel"
Com.Off.: Commander Lina Xolonth
Crew: 70

Shipname: FND Bolush
Shiptyp: Jonis light Cruiser "Tana"
Com.Off.: Captain Gaanot Fao
Crew: 100

Shipname: FND Anmir
Shiptyp: Jonis light Dronecarrier "Bonais"
Com.Off.: Commander Wuun Ley
Crew: 50

Shipname: FND Talos
Shiptyp: Jonis light Supportvessel "Neca"
Com.Off.: Commander Miris Faor
Crew: 50

Shipname: FND Deneb
Shiptyp: Jonis Cruiser "Alb"
Com.Off.: Captain Finas Dhor
Crew: 100

Shipname: FND Thuonth
Shiptyp: Jonis Battlecruiser "Nemum"
Com.Off.: Captain Lop Hobi
Crew: 200

Shipname: FND Tilo
Shiptyp: Jonis Heavy Battlecruiser "Gadom"
Com.Off.: Captain Pagam Sid
Crew: 280

Shipname: FND Efmar
Shiptyp: Jonis Battleship "Taanc"
Com.Off.: Admiral Neboka Taanc
Crew: 650

Shipname: FND Weltenbrand
Shiptyp: Jonis Capital "Dolphanes"
Com.Off.: Fleet Admiral Garmel G. Rephansel
Crew: 2000
Zater
Commander
Commander

Post by Zater »

What's the health on these things?

1: Maybe a bit heavy on the Gluon bolters.
2: Damn bees! Looks balanced
3: Too many nanos for such small size. Maybe a few more segments for armor?
4: A bit on the well-armed side, maybe cut a few guns?
5: Move the nanos away from each other, and maybe put some point defenses on the rear. Also a bit gun heavy towards the front.
6: Looks nice, though what's the firing arc on the railguns?
7: Not too powerful, exposed Aegis, looks decent.
8: Cut down on the missiles. Also, I think you could get away with some more(maybe 2-4) Aegis.
This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practise ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people. - C.S. Lewis
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Yes, these are nice ships...but I have to comment on some areas.

Some of the designs look a little bit awkward, as the ships aren't really aesthetically pleasing. But nice try anyway, compared to my first ships...

And also, the ships tend to lack in weaponry. I'm not suggesting that you cover the ships entirely in weapons, I just feel that the ships look a bit sparse and bare without the proper amounts of weapons. Take for example, the last big ship (can't remember its name) right at the end. Most of the weaponry are concentrated around the front. Flankers will have quite an easy time at the back.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

I think the general design and coherency is excellent! But I would cut down on the negative space a bit, or turn some areas into wings by cutting sections off.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Welcome to BSF!

Those are very nice ships indeed. My favs are Bolush, Deneb, Tilo, and, of course, Weltenbrand. Good style.

However, some ships have too many gaps in the middle of their structure or even floating sections, and in general they could use some filling up, to match Tilo. I also see some nasty vulnerabilities, especially on the smaller ships, Thuonth for example - shoot that long piece in the middle and the whole front goes poof.

Also, custom color scheme! Would be a shame to leave them 'just red'.
Master Chief wrote:And also, the ships tend to lack in weaponry. I'm not suggesting that you cover the ships entirely in weapons, I just feel that the ships look a bit sparse and bare without the proper amounts of weapons.
I have to disagree. Scarce weaponry is yet another quality in my book. I even think some of the ships are nearly overarmed, like Weltenbrand.

I do agree that in some cases the loadout is uneven - but thats not necessarily bad. It creates some strategic vulnerabilities, and as far as aesthetics go - it can be fixed with proper color scheme.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Kaelis wrote:
Master Chief wrote:And also, the ships tend to lack in weaponry. I'm not suggesting that you cover the ships entirely in weapons, I just feel that the ships look a bit sparse and bare without the proper amounts of weapons.
I have to disagree. Scarce weaponry is yet another quality in my book.
Ah, Kaelis, you are another person who prefers balance over utter destruction and chaos! :D

vVhorpax, just ignore my suggestion then. I can understand if you prefer more balanced ships.
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

I like how you take one and build on it for a new ship, it's a novel idea, but it results in the ships being unoriginal and repetetive. At some point you have to start a new ship. I can't test them now, but when i get to it, i'll give you more criticisms.
DavidBeoulve
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DavidBeoulve »

Master Chief wrote:
Kaelis wrote:
I have to disagree. Scarce weaponry is yet another quality in my book.
Ah, Kaelis, you are another person who prefers balance over utter destruction and chaos! :D

vVhorpax, just ignore my suggestion then. I can understand if you prefer more balanced ships.
Personally, I can't stand anything that slows the game down. There's just no reason - it may just be me but I can only tolerate so many sllloooowww battles where the sound crackles as two behemoths blast each other with 80 beams. I do admire the work that goes into them, but there's gotta be a limit.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1289][img]http://tabletpcartist.googlepages.com/SSF_Banner2.png[/img][/url]
"[i]Amazing, beautiful, cohesive... highly fitting for some sort of newly-interred spacefaring nation. Brilliant.[/i]" - [b]Aralonia[/b]
"[i]Classy, slick and of course, good balancing. Nice work.[/i]" - [b]Master Chief[/b]
Fuiste
Commander
Commander

Post by Fuiste »

Really cohesive fleet, I'll give ya that, though a bit more color (read: not monotone red) would be nice, and some of the lighter craft look like a few well placed rounds could cleave 'em in half. That may be what you're going for, but it look out of place in a warship to seem so fragile.

The capital ship is pretty bad-ass though.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k112/Rudygizmo/Newsig.png[/img]
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Man I'm getting sick of newbies that totally outclass me, it's getting depressing....ahwelll, pretty cool ships. Mind ya a few of them seem a bit thin skinned, and too much use of nano, but quite cool otherwise.

Oh and that capitol ship is really awsome.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

osilus wrote:Man I'm getting sick of newbies that totally outclass me, it's getting depressing....ahwelll, pretty cool ships. Mind ya a few of them seem a bit thin skinned, and too much use of nano, but quite cool otherwise.
Those two statements, shouldn't they cancel each other out?

I kinda like them, except the ones where the Aegis is right by the nose.
Rutilant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rutilant »

I think the nano are pretty excusable, as most of the ships that have them don't also have regular deflectors that can protect a damaged section until the nanos heal it up. In terms of effective HP it takes a quite a few nanos to make up for just one deflector, since a nano would have to heal an equivalent amount to however much a deflector would've completely negated within a certain time frame.

Er.. Or something like that.

The ships look better the further you go down the page, and the capital ship is pretty kickin', but a lot of them seem a little sparse.

They could use some filling in, especially in the areas where you're using those odd boxy pieces with the big old round hole in one end and what looks like a tab for inserting into a PCI slot. You know the ones? :|
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

DavidBeoulve wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Kaelis wrote: I have to disagree. Scarce weaponry is yet another quality in my book.

Personally, I can't stand anything that slows the game down. There's just no reason - it may just be me but I can only tolerate so many sllloooowww battles where the sound crackles as two behemoths blast each other with 80 beams. I do admire the work that goes into them, but there's gotta be a limit.
Actually, sir, I don't really understand why the heck does my computer slow down even when I'm giving them simple ships. So I enjoy the sound of two behemoths blasting each other to bits ONLY OCCASIONALLY.

So vVhorpax, simply continue to improve on the fleet of ships and you can become a reasonably talented ship designer.
Salvofire
Commander
Commander

Post by Salvofire »

Hmm sorry to say I'm just not a fan of the style. Just doesn't settle with me well, minus the last 2 or three. Well designed though.