A work in progress

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Choines
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

A work in progress

Post by Choines »

So here it is, a screenshot of my first ship that I'm actually going to share with the community. It's still a work in progress, though. I'm not extremely happy with it, and I would want some constructive criticism to help me build ships better.

Ayup.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Rock lobster!

*music*

In seriousness though... it doesn't look bad to me? Unless the parenting is wrong or something. I'm not sure what you could add or take away from it. It looks "done" to me.

As for ship building, I don't think it's something you can learn by other people telling you much. It's like art, you need to develop your own style.
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

It's a space lobster random encounter! Quick! Use kinetic bombs to flip it to reveal it's weak point, then hit it for massive damage! MASSIVE DAMAGE!
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!
Choines
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Choines »

TormakSaber wrote:Rock lobster!

*music*

In seriousness though... it doesn't look bad to me? Unless the parenting is wrong or something. I'm not sure what you could add or take away from it. It looks "done" to me.

As for ship building, I don't think it's something you can learn by other people telling you much. It's like art, you need to develop your own style.
The thing is, I have no idea how to arm this. Also, do you think the head needs some redoing, because I think that it doesn't resemble a crayfish (yes it is supposed to be a crayfish) at all. The tail needs to extended a little bit as well.

The Boz, I appreciate the giant enemy crab reference, but this is a crayfish.
Ayup.
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

It was too good to pass up :p

Arm it with very very short-range(under 100) high-damage(10 or something) beam weapons on it's mouth, and place 6 gravbeams on each ..hand... thing...
Then say "OM NOM NOM NOM!"
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!
Choines
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Choines »

I might use that for this ship, but I don't know how to make a weapon that qualifies as a "om nom nom" type eating beam.
Ayup.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Mmmmmm, craWfish. Who's got the Zatarain's? I'm suddenly craving Etouffee with a bowl of Gumbo. While you're at it, who here likes Zydeco music. :lol:
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Id say change the pincers to something more spiky and less... robotic, and beef up its legs.

As for arming... lots of small and quick turning beams?
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Kaelis wrote:Id say change the pincers to something more spiky and less... robotic, and beef up its legs.

As for arming... lots of small and quick turning beams?

Reference pic.
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

ahhh.. foood 8)
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

Danny420Dale wrote:Mmmmmm, craWfish. Who's got the Zatarain's? I'm suddenly craving Etouffee with a bowl of Gumbo. While you're at it, who here likes Zydeco music. :lol:
OM NOM NOM NOM! We have a yearly crawfish boil at one of my dad's buddies house, one of the best times of the year, right when spring meets summer down here, not too hot, not too cold.

But, yes, the claws look quite robotic, you might want to add a bit of curve to them, and widen the distance between the claws. Also, perk up the antennae, it looks like an angry cockroach with pincers!
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Oh man, that's a cute lobster.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Choines
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Choines »

I'm not dead yet! I've finished the Crayfish,as well as another smaller shrimp-like ship. Here is a screen shot demonstrating both of their capabilities.

Last edited by Choines on Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ayup.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Choines wrote:I'm not dead yet! I've finished the Crayfish,as well as another smaller shrimp-like ship. Here is a screen shot demonstrating both of their capabilities.

Try linking directly to the pic instead of Imageshack's silly script, sweety; right click>copy image location>paste :D