Ships by me :D

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Michy
Ensign
Ensign

Ships by me :D

Post by Michy »

well i only recently stumbled across this game, and when i saw some of weapons i could use i immediatly thought about one of my favorite shows, Babylon 5. so i started making ships, some of them aren't too good, others i think are very good. i won't post a dl link or anything since i plan on adding some more ships, like some Centauri ships. anyways here's what i have now.

Earth Omega class Destroyer and a Hyperion class Frigate

Narn Heavy Cruiser

Minbari Warcruiser

Shadow Vessel

Whitestar

i also saw some nice stargate ships, like the Daedalus, and the Orion. and it made me want to try my hand at those, so useing some really nice referance pics i had i made a remake of the Orion.

but yeh, i plan on adding some vorlon ships, since as it stands the Shadow Vessel is pretty unstoppable, and maybe some league world ships aswell. also the Babylon 5 ships are all balanced among themselves, mostly. i might fine-tune them, but i tried to stay true to the show. since i love building for this game, if you have any requests just send me a pm, but i need a top-down referance pic, or close to it and incase your wondering, the Ancient ship took me about three and a half hours to complete.
TranquilRage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TranquilRage »

I think they look great. any chance you could upload them to the ships database so i could give them a try?
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

I really like the G'Quan. But then again the Narn were my favourite race for the Babylon 5 hexmap game so I'm a little biased.
TranquilRage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TranquilRage »

Was that the one where you laid out Hex shaped systems face down, and everyone got about 3 or something? If it was, the minbari rocked.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Uhh no, that was the strategic-level one I think. Can't remember the name. I played Babylon 5 Wars more.
Michy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Michy »

TranquilRage wrote:I think they look great. any chance you could upload them to the ships database so i could give them a try?
my Ancient Warship is uploaded, but since i had nothing to balance it against i'm not sure how it will do. and for the Babylon 5 ones i want to get some Vorlon, Centauri, and League world ships before i release them.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

those are all pretty decent. Not too many weapons, and very aesthetically pleasing. :D that first one is a good idea, but it looks like crap due to the overly large sections.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
Michy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Michy »

Boba Fetuccini wrote:those are all pretty decent. Not too many weapons, and very aesthetically pleasing. :D that first one is a good idea, but it looks like crap due to the overly large sections.
most of the beam weapons are stacked, actually. but that's to give it a flare of realism, since like the Shadow Vessel killed almost all ships in one hit, i stacked a lot of beamers. but yeah, the Earth Destroyer was kinda hard to do, i might re-do it again if i can.
Michy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Michy »

sorry for the bump, but i just wanted to show you guys my newly finished Vorlon cruiser.

it can take down one Shadow Vessel, and severely damage the second before dieing. and in the 4 vs 6 match up, the Vorlons won, all 4 of their ships survived, while all 6 of the Shadow ships died. i'm going to see about adding a couple more ships, and fine-tuning the ones i have, then i'll release them.
The Infamous RayCav
Commander
Commander

Post by The Infamous RayCav »

Oh, I just want to add, those ships are very good, a definite improvement over your first try!
Michy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Michy »

thank you, i've also re-done the Omega destroyer aswell. i'm gonna see about re-doing the Whitestar next.

Smoot
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Smoot »

Hey, thats just what I've been working on too :P . As soon as my friend showed me this game I thought of Babylon 5 and the miniature wargame I used to play with it. Is it my imagination, or did some of the weapon sound effect come from B5? The blaster sounds like the Hyperion's guns firing and the laser sounds just like in the show. Anyway, nice designs, I'll upload mine if I ever get around to finishing them. So far I did a much different looking shadow ship, a Minbari Tinashi frigate, the Vree saucer, and my favorite, the G'quan. Unfortunately, my designs are much uglier visually, though they are armed as close to cannon as I could make them. Since earth ships have interceptors, why not give them some particle guns or point masers?
Michy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Michy »

Smoot wrote:Hey, thats just what I've been working on too :P . As soon as my friend showed me this game I thought of Babylon 5 and the miniature wargame I used to play with it. Is it my imagination, or did some of the weapon sound effect come from B5? The blaster sounds like the Hyperion's guns firing and the laser sounds just like in the show. Anyway, nice designs, I'll upload mine if I ever get around to finishing them. So far I did a much different looking shadow ship, a Minbari Tinashi frigate, the Vree saucer, and my favorite, the G'quan. Unfortunately, my designs are much uglier visually, though they are armed as close to cannon as I could make them. Since earth ships have interceptors, why not give them some particle guns or point masers?
all my ships except the Shadow and Vorlon have some kind of interceptor weapon, canon or not i added them for balance reasons lol. since drones don't attack eachother, the ships needed someway of killing them, but sicne Vorlon and Shadow ships can kill any ship in 2-3 hits, they don't need them. also an update, i'm trying to work on the Babylon 5 station itself, but it's hard, as there aren't alot of options when it comes to rounded parts. i'm also going to make it to each race has two ships, and a fighter. so yeah, just a heads up. and Smoot, can you post some pictures of your ships? maybe we can make a combined pack.
X-14
Commander
Commander

Post by X-14 »

Good Work!!!
They look perfect.
Where can I down-load the ships???
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

wow, superbump.