Exorcist v1.1 Class: Super Dreadnought

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Satanic Mechanic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Satanic Mechanic »

I think we need to take a moment to remember that the people who are participating in the cold war are doing so because it's fun, they are enjoying the challenge and it's creating some really beautiful ships.

Sure if your ship building tastes don't run in the same direction you can't really play against all of the lovely ships they've made, but the cold war is what -they- are doing, and they are having fun.

None of the ships have been designed to make a phantom audience happy, and nor should they, because this game gives you the freedom to find your own fun.

(I think maybe the real issue is that the non cold war style players are jealous of all the pretty toys you guys have) ;)
If you make it idiot proof, they'll just build a better idiot.
wonderwhy-er
Has Enraged The Admins

Post by wonderwhy-er »

Satanic Mechanic wrote:I think we need to take a moment to remember that the people who are participating in the cold war are doing so because it's fun, they are enjoying the challenge and it's creating some really beautiful ships.

Sure if your ship building tastes don't run in the same direction you can't really play against all of the lovely ships they've made, but the cold war is what -they- are doing, and they are having fun.

None of the ships have been designed to make a phantom audience happy, and nor should they, because this game gives you the freedom to find your own fun.

(I think maybe the real issue is that the non cold war style players are jealous of all the pretty toys you guys have) ;)
Well they shore are pretty looking... And I think I will be making some funny ships. Already have one in design. Tough from now on no weapon tuning except for ranges, deviations and arcs. And no enormous hp growths too… Basically I will try to keep them balanced with original game until normal stats calculator will not be available. Then it will be fun to compete. Like making more powerful ship with fewer points spent :) Then may be I will start to compete in cold war but for now it all is just too chaotic…

Btw just was thinking and got idea how to calculate deflector and flak efficiency from raw data…
TranquilRage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TranquilRage »

The trouble is, there's no limit to the My ship has X* hit points on every single section and Y* modded beams that do Z* damage mentality.

* A big number

Someone can always build bigger. And as soon as SM3 comes out the ships will take a leap upwards in size and power, again.

I find it much more fun to build ships within known limitations (like balanced with core or tourny points schemes) that are expectationally well designed vessels. Because there is a challenge in there, and good designs are easy to spot amongst their peers. There is no actual challenge in building the biggest.
Crazykenny
Captain
Captain

Post by Crazykenny »

I work with the following method. I only use super-ships against participants of the Cold War, I have a special Low Tech fleet for standard and weaker ships (yet to be fully completed) And I don't think Shipmaker 3 will make ships bigger, oh hell no, it will make then insanely huge! Think of all the possibilties you have, more sections (I hope) weapon coloring, larger zoom and the list goes on and on. Just waiting patiently for its release ;)
[img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/thedrofevil/BOS4copy.png[/img]
wonderwhy-er
Has Enraged The Admins

Post by wonderwhy-er »

TranquilRage wrote:The trouble is, there's no limit to the My ship has X* hit points on every single section and Y* modded beams that do Z* damage mentality.

* A big number

Someone can always build bigger. And as soon as SM3 comes out the ships will take a leap upwards in size and power, again.

I find it much more fun to build ships within known limitations (like balanced with core or tourny points schemes) that are expectationally well designed vessels. Because there is a challenge in there, and good designs are easy to spot amongst their peers. There is no actual challenge in building the biggest.
That's what I prefer too but what I see in Cold War is different. Many small sections, huge hp, large outer sections that they could be well covered with deflectors and so on... And large arrays of weapons... and tuned sometimes...

There are two types of limitations. One bad and one good.

Bad one is when our possibilities are caped by some dead limit. And BF almost does not have such limitations(almost cuz you can’t make gun fire faster than 30 projectiles per second and that max hp is near 2M but that’s limitations of computers) Which I find to be awesome.

And good one is resources. Or rather that everything has a price. It adds something like a striving for perfection. Perfection in design, weapon choice, tactics. And it is not really a limitation. It’s more like motivation to keep our design reasonable. Unfortunately BF does not have this either… I hope it will have it in future. At least from what I heard th15 is thinking to add some things that will help with that. And it will not make those uber ships prohibited or something. It will just show how much resource was put in them and in to original ships. Also it will allow judging how actually effective such ship design is.

For now without actual resource all those ‘my ship is stronger’ are just words. And battles do not prove anything… They only mean that ‘ouh may be your ship is stronger. Or may be it has more weapons, more parts, more hp’…
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

wonderwhy-er wrote:Basically I will try to keep them balanced with original game until normal stats calculator will not be available.
desho desho

Why do you have 2k HP if you're trying to keep balance then desho desho?
wonderwhy-er wrote:For now without actual resource all those ‘my ship is stronger’ are just words. And battles do not prove anything… They only mean that ‘ouh may be your ship is stronger. Or may be it has more weapons, more parts, more hp’…
This means little. RAN Horatio Nelson can defeat a Ragnarok-class ship with a prolonged battle but a lucky hit from Ragnarok can kill Nelson with a single salvo. It depends on how lucky you are.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
wonderwhy-er
Has Enraged The Admins

Post by wonderwhy-er »

Aralonia wrote:
wonderwhy-er wrote: Why do you have 2k HP if you're trying to keep balance then desho desho?
Cuz Battlecrusiers in game have hp around 350-500 and how much Dreadnough should be fatter?
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Those are battleships. According to classical definition, a "dreadnought-type battleship" (ex: HMS Orion) weighed approximately 1.8 times greater than the pre-dreadnought class battleship (ex: HMS Lord Nelson).

600 x 1.8 = about 1100, mostly dealing with additional armour, machinery, and approximately 3 times the firepower (10x 13.5" v 4x 12" and various secondary guns).

lolque
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
wonderwhy-er
Has Enraged The Admins

Post by wonderwhy-er »

Aralonia wrote:Those are battleships. According to classical definition, a "dreadnought-type battleship" (ex: HMS Orion) weighed approximately 1.8 times greater than the pre-dreadnought class battleship (ex: HMS Lord Nelson).

600 x 1.8 = about 1100, mostly dealing with additional armour, machinery, and approximately 3 times the firepower (10x 13.5" v 4x 12" and various secondary guns).

lolque
Tough may be even less... I mean that he defenetly has more sections so it hp can be tuned down a little... somewhere near 900-1000 i suppose then...

Well this one was made for fun cuz i like how cross like weapon look... Doing one more for fun. Tough this one is harder to make... Will be a station...

I think after that i will start making small fleet in balance with game original ships. At least in terms of hp ,section count, weapon count... May be there will be more sections but hp hp will be lowered...
I don't think i will be making something larger untill some stats exporter will be availabe...
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I must say I love the way the main weapon turns white-hot near the end of its clip.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

You don't need so many boosters. 6 would give the same effect. If you check the booster energy during reload time they will be stuck at a percentage, as the weapon will only draw x amount of energy.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
wonderwhy-er
Has Enraged The Admins

Post by wonderwhy-er »

Da_Higg wrote:You don't need so many boosters. 6 would give the same effect. If you check the booster energy during reload time they will be stuck at a percentage, as the weapon will only draw x amount of energy.
Yeah i noticed... Was thinking about adding more then 3 Tyhoons but it's kind of over powered already. It was made for fun cuz of design.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

wonderwhy-er wrote:
Da_Higg wrote:You don't need so many boosters. 6 would give the same effect. If you check the booster energy during reload time they will be stuck at a percentage, as the weapon will only draw x amount of energy.
Yeah i noticed... Was thinking about adding more then 3 Tyhoons but it's kind of over powered already. It was made for fun cuz of design.
TACHYONS! Not "Tyhoons", Tachyons. I don't know where the hell you got "Tyhoon" from.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

I think he meant "Typhoon", because that's what the Tachyons are called in his little tech write-up.
[i]...can we hold on...?[/i]
lenb
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by lenb »

Cerebrus wrote:I think he meant "Typhoon", because that's what the Tachyons are called in his little tech write-up.
Man, I love that lingering aroma of condescension in your little post. Makes everyone want post more, for the purposes of opening oneself up to belittlement.

On topic, I like your ship design. Very orignal, even if it is insane with a megatachyon beam cannon. Good job.