Randoms spacecraft

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ryen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Randoms spacecraft

Post by Ryen »

Keep lurking for some reason, but finally I've return. Now it's the time to post some new ships.
I spend 3 weeks off to build these and used Dst-ori sprits only. So, it may looks crap somewhere.
C&C please.

Fighter

Advance Combact Drone / Armed satellite (Undecide...)
Type-α:

Type-β:

Destroyer

Battle Cruiser

In-game
Image Image Image

Image Image Image
↑This is unusual...
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: Randoms spacecraft

Post by Kiltric »

Using only the DST sprites has made your ships look very cluttered. I can't really make out much past all those orange and blue decals. Consider swapping in some of the uncolored DST sprites to fix this.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

good shapes these do seem very cluttered, and im not sure how well the orange and green go together. these sprites don't really suit the larger ships but i love the missile salvoes in your action shots :)

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Kiltric wrote:Using only the DST sprites has made your ships look very cluttered. I can't really make out much past all those orange and blue decals. Consider swapping in some of the uncolored DST sprites to fix this.
I wouldn't mix colored DST and uncolored DST to be honest. Their styles are quite different.
Then again, you could always try it and see how it looks.
Last edited by Arcalane on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: grammar nazi patrol 8D
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

The markings on the sections are really messing up your ships. Can't see well enough to give good criticism.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

I think the Dst_ori sprites work best when they're darkened/colored or as a form of substructure, e.g. what I did here (Not to plug, it's just relevant). In my case I think I may have darkened them a bit too much, but I think a medium gray shading would help with the clutteredness. You should also try including some other types of sections to break up the mish-mash, if you know what I mean.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Aside from the over-clutter from the orange decals on the Dst sprites, there's some pretty good section work underneath it. I can make out the Battle Cruiser's cannons, which seem well done. I think simply swapping out the colored sprites with the gray/monochrome Dst sprites can alleviate alot of the clutter.The larger sprites meld in well with the rest of the ship, although that my just be the decals getting to me. Keep it up!
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Ryen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ryen »

The Armed satellites used to be sw-style(Dst-swnc sprites). When they were finish, I'm came out an idea: How about using ori sprite?
So they were out.

Type-α in SW:
SMscreen041.png
SMscreen041.png (16.69 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Type-β in SW:
SMscreen040.png
SMscreen040.png (24.74 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Rebuilding battle cruiser in SW style...
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

Too greebley, particularly the Type-β.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

You can build ships using both coloured and uncoloured DST sprites, all you have to do is use the coloured sprites for the sections of interest (as in the areas where you want people to focus on), and the uncoloured sprites fill up the gaps

Also, what does "greebley" mean? :?
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Ryen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ryen »

Made some weapon for mecha and test two of them.
It's really cool that watching a mecha slash another ship in close combat.

Sword
Fully action! Yeah!

Machinegun
Can't use Dst-swnc because swnc lost some detail on the sprite that make up the bullet chain
Heavy MashineGun.sb4
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Sniper rifle(Unfinish) and Magnum(No reload action)
Block by the butt of the sniper, bolt action and reload magnum after six-round shoot
Mecha weapons.sb4
(7.97 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Change them if you wish

PS: I can't upload the sb4 file of the mecha. I don't' know why...
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Mech with swinging sword is awsome ,althought it looks like the sword is beong held the wrong way, in that it looks like the palm of the mecha's hand is facing upwards, like he is unsheathing the sword from a scabbard, or something (actually, if you put a scabbard-like sprite where the sword would be when it is not in use, the swinging action would look so cool :P )

The machine gun looks really nice, liking the reloading animation, but I'm confused; is it supposed to be a turret or an actual ship? I'm betting it's a turret, but the problem is that you've made it into a .sb4 file, which is a ship file, and nobody will be able to use it as a turret sprite

The other two weapons have the same problem; they look so fuggin' realistic, but they can't actually be used as turret sprites either
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

Sure they can, just set a dark red background and make a gif.

Cannon looks ace, mech looks kinda strange holding his weapons like that, although: 2 guns would make him a proper gangsta!
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

very cool how do you get the sword to work and damage things?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

Either triggered by another weapon to move, and have a short range beamer in it that is always shooting.

Or a (free)moving arm with the beamer.