Hazelwooders Ground Units : download added (yes it will lag)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

oh yeah btw I did the dropship, seems to work fine. Do you say DPS is damage per second or per shot? And where is my DOWNLOAD?! Lol seriously though I want these
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

god froggy wrote:oh yeah btw I did the dropship, seems to work fine. Do you say DPS is damage per second or per shot? And where is my DOWNLOAD?! Lol seriously though I want these
calm down i will put them up some time in the near future, i want to see you dropship first anyway.

DPS is damage per second, here is an example of how to work it out

weapon X

damage - 50
fire rate - 10
clip size - 5
reload - 100

work out the full time it takes to finish a clip and started the next so you want:
fire rate X clip size = total time
10 x 5 = 50
add on the reload time which = 150 total reload/fire time

then you want the total damage which is:
damage X clip size = total damage
50 X 5 = 250 damage

then you divide the total damage by the total reload time and times the answer by 30 (because the game runs at 30 FPS)

250/150 = 1.667

answer X 30 = 50 DPS
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

...Ok I uuunnnderstaand... I think.

Damn the Dropship is the one I haven't done yet! Mainly cuz it sucks. The rest are going up though, in process of uploading screenshots now.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

before i go to bed i think i will upload my changed med tank i am having it as a seperate tank now - slightly stronger armour and new turret

my Heavy Tank

i will upload the stats tomorrow as well as a video for my medium tank and my heavy tank (which has a cool reloading feature), the damage of my tanks has changed now done an overall balancing.

medium tank might become a light tank soon and i will make a new medium tank.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Looks pretty, nice its hard to make out the section work because of 1 constant color, you can make this better by showing "depth" by making the lower sections darker and adding some more shades since you mainly seem to only use 1 color more colors could greatly benefit it by discerning section work.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Hey have you thought of adding camo to these tanks? Don't know if that factors into your universe but Eri's Grunge pack works really well. I like all the detail on the heavy tank, and the little pieces for the front armor look much better than what you used before. The two barrels are nice, but almost look like they could be farther apart, but its hard to tell how big the actual turret is because of the lack of shading, as homer pointed out.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

thats something i was not sure on aswell, i have already started working on the shading, i have been making the armour darker.

yeah i tried Eri's Grunge pack on the mammoth tank but it didnt turn out as i wanted straight away so i got annoyed at it and decided to build another tank instead.

the turrets i think im going to keep that close because otherwise it will be too similar to the mammoth tank, i will try moving them slightly apart.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Why don't you make a heavy tank with 1 big turret instead of 2? It looks like you stole the mammoth tank lol.

Oh and I'm still having problems with screenshots D=[
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

god froggy wrote:Why don't you make a heavy tank with 1 big turret instead of 2? It looks like you stole the mammoth tank lol.

Oh and I'm still having problems with screenshots D=[
it did have 1 but the reload works so cool with 2, i might change it to work with 1 instead.

try print screen and just paste it to paint or something and crop it.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

No i did that with all the pictures but I tried with imageshack and photobucket and they won't upload properly. They say theres a server error or something.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

as im going away for christmas weekend i will post everything i have done up till now. i won't be working on this for about a week.

Light Tank (aka medium tank MKII)

Heavy Tank MKII

~~

Construction Yard :D (default zoom - see front page for size comparison to others without opening a new window/tab)

this has a very strong interesting cannon and can deploy a barracks with a dieterling device (that can make 1 jump only), a deployer basicly.
Last edited by hazelwooder on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Use the edit button next time. Thumbnails are preferable to large, zoomed in images.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

I assume the construction yard produces vehicles as well.

Very good, I can't wait until you get everything done, I want download.

BTW I'm working out the DPS of my infantry units. Dropship will be a while, because it sucks balls.

Again, no screenshots so far. Uploading doesn't work.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

god froggy wrote:I assume the construction yard produces vehicles as well.

Very good, I can't wait until you get everything done, I want download.

BTW I'm working out the DPS of my infantry units. Dropship will be a while, because it sucks balls.

Again, no screenshots so far. Uploading doesn't work.

no the construction yard doesn't produce vehicles i was going to create a war factory for that and the construction yard would create a war factory and defence towers
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

heres the DPS of my infantry units

Light Infantry - 18
Heavy Infantry - 65
Advanced Assault Infantry - 24
Advanced Anti-Tank Infantry - 94

The Light and Adv. Ass. infantry are not very powerful but they are the fastest and have aegis on their shields.

The AT infantry has no shield and is damn slow but frickin powerful.

Dropship... I've decided to completley remake it.

EDIT:doing buildings too. Done a couple of turrets.