Hazelwooders Ground Units : download added (yes it will lag)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Love the ground units in space idea. Keep working on it.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

inteuniso wrote:It's a blocky piece of shit? No?
nope its the first layer of my new tank, the tracks
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Thats great but the centre bit might need to be bigger for it to be more realistic.
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

god froggy wrote:Thats great but the centre bit might need to be bigger for it to be more realistic.
the tank is going to be just slightly smaller than my mammoth when its finished.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

oh cool i like the treads too
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Nice looking treads but I'm gonna comment on the "infantry" (even though they are practically mechs). Those shields in front of them...don't look so good...
naysayers will be shot
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I very much like the treads. Having tried to replicate a tank now, I'm doubly impressed at the way you combined unlikely sprites and complex layers to actually look right. You might make your infantry slightly larger, then you can also give them articulated joints and such using drivers. And maybe instead of the energy shield give them a physical one? Maybe modify a section like this Image
If you do it right, you can have that arm drivin by a short range point defense driver so it will actually turn to block shots.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Doogie12 wrote:Nice looking treads but I'm gonna comment on the "infantry" (even though they are practically mechs). Those shields in front of them...don't look so good...
first, thank you.

yeah i know they do look like mechs (hard to make a human looking unit with mechanical pieces) but i couldnt think of the word at the time, i will take the sheilds off then, i wasnt sure about them myself.

jwa8402 wrote:I very much like the treads. Having tried to replicate a tank now, I'm doubly impressed at the way you combined unlikely sprites and complex layers to actually look right. You might make your infantry slightly larger, then you can also give them articulated joints and such using drivers. And maybe instead of the energy shield give them a physical one? Maybe modify a section like this Image
If you do it right, you can have that arm drivin by a short range point defense driver so it will actually turn to block shots.
thank you,

the sheild idea sounds like a great one at the moment the arms move towards the targets they have about 45% arc range (like turrets), i think what i might do is keep them as they are prehaps remove the sheilds at a later date i will make a larger mech and use this idea (because of the size of infantry compaired to tanks, any larger and they will look too big)

also i have another reason im leaving them the size they are, i will post that prehaps later today, it just needs some final tweaking.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Rocket Artillery

from left to right, 2nd layer support for armour, 3rd layer armour

ImageImage

4th layer MLRS and cockpit
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

good but you can't really see the treads under all that... Try making them bigger
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

god froggy wrote:good but you can't really see the treads under all that... Try making them bigger
you can see the treads when you destroy the armour thats the thing i love about the layering as it gets destoryed you reveal another layer

here is a video anyway
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The new one looks fantastic, and oh do I love you music choice :wink:

Any chance you could post a video of you stripping away the armor? I'm curious about the layering.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

omfg now that is how triggers are meant to be used! I love the hatches opening to fire the missiles. I agree just a bit of the treads sticking out would be nice but its realistic to cover them.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

The concept of using BSF for ground units isn't exactly new. However, no one has ever executed it as well as you have. The internal work is nice, the Turrets are good, and the trigger usage adds some nice extras to the ships.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Kiltric wrote:The new one looks fantastic, and oh do I love you music choice :wink:

Any chance you could post a video of you stripping away the armor? I'm curious about the layering.
thankyou, i wasnt sure if it would live up to the mammoth tank.

i think the music for this video is just funny, my rocket artillery is designed so that its weak at the front and back but stronger at the sides. if you focus fire on the middle front you destroy it from the inside out and same goes for the back, the reason why when i destroy the turret base at the back half the ship blows up is because the whole turret gets destroyed inside the ship (its a shame this game doesn't actually have a layering system so you can set it so the top layers gets destroyed first)

anyway here is your video
Kiltric wrote:The new one looks fantastic, and oh do I love you music choice :wink:

jwa8402 wrote:omfg now that is how triggers are meant to be used! I love the hatches opening to fire the missiles. I agree just a bit of the treads sticking out would be nice but its realistic to cover them.
it took me awhile to figure it out because the most i was able to do before making these was recoil on guns lol. i have increased the treads armour at the front now as you can see in the video, its not the treads they are further back and underneath but it looks like it.
AidanAdv wrote:The concept of using BSF for ground units isn't exactly new. However, no one has ever executed it as well as you have. The internal work is nice, the Turrets are good, and the trigger usage adds some nice extras to the ships.
:( thats a shame i thought i was the first to do ground units, oh well one of the things i will be doing im pretty sure i will be the first to do it, i will be getting on with that next if i don't get distracted doing another tank. im happy about that though i may not be the first but im the best so far :).