Ian's novelties.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Ian's novelties.

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Well, my first novelty is my first attempt to try blending stock sections with SWA sections. And I think I epicly failed with my Icicle. More ships coming soon.

What do you think?
Last edited by ianfreddie07 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

For one thing I think someone is shortly going to say that you should crop your screenshots before posting them so we don't have to be distracted by the whole BSF GUI, but in a much meaner way.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Crop your screenshots before posting them so we don't have to be distracted by the whole BSF GUI, for fuck's sake. Goddammit.
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

FIXED

The ship itself looks okay to me, except very flat.
Last edited by unsunghero10 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurk more
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

unsunghero10 wrote:Worst
Screen shot
EVER

Press g and wait for the text to go away next time.

The ship itself looks okay to me, except very flat.
It could be much worse, at least he used PNG, lots of people seem to think that using JPEG is an appropriate format for images where single pixel fidelity is important. Getting that right is worth some merit even if the ship itself isn't.
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Changed the screenshot.

My depthing is still quite poor, sorry. Plus it's only my first try into the SWA sections.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

The shape of the ship isn't bad, but the section selection is, I don't think SW and normal sprites mix too well.
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

So that justifies my epic fail, then. :lol:

Hm, I really thought stock BSF and Shipwrightized sections could go well in a way... guess not. A full-fledged Shipwrightized ship will be coming soon.
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

I'm pretty persistent with the blending Stock sections with Shipwrightized sections. But I kinda feel this is a cluttery mess. :P
TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

ianfreddie07 wrote: I'm pretty persistent with the blending Stock sections with Shipwrightized sections. But I kinda feel this is a cluttery mess. :P

You feel correctly. Your shade selection probably isn't helping here, and I think you're going to have trouble making this work if you just just mix the two style freely like this.

I think mixing the styles can work, but it requires some forethought. There's one on page 7 of my thread, although how successful it was not many people really said.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Honestly, I don't see how it can work. The two are just so distinctly different, so they don't match at all.
firevikin125
Commander
Commander

Post by firevikin125 »

A cluttered mess it is. :?
As thanto said, the Shipwrightized
and the stock sections are made
to be different.
They are not made to be put together.
Also, many tone down on the
colors just a wee bit.
"A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . ."
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Aside from what other forumites have said about the mix of SW and normal sections, the ship exterior shape is not bad, the mix of alien and other SW'ized sections are spiffy, however it would look much better if you kept to either the older or newer styles.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]