Almar - Mithran Rivals - All New!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

brenwasp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Almar - Mithran Rivals - All New!

Post by brenwasp »

Well, I cut down work for Mithrans for a while and decided to build it's rival. The Almars. I've only built the corvette. But heres the story.

STORY
The Almars were intelligent creatures. They represented a somewhat hybrid between a Komodo Dragon and a Human. They tend to eat what humans eat. in 2010, the Almars discovered what was thought to be a glowing orb. They managed to harness the power within the orbs. After all that, They found out they could grow the orbs in glass domes. So they did. Now, they use the orbs as huge energy capsules on their spaceships. They always traveled beyond their world when they built their spaceships.

Now, on to the spaceship.

EYE-CLASS CORVETTE
This corvette is all about energy. All of it's orbs can carry a lot of energy reserve for it's lasers to use. They are also used as cargo-energy supplying ships to. Very popular.
brenwasp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by brenwasp »

Okay...No one's responding, I don't know why. But anyways, new ship.

PLEASE RESPOND.
Nubsicle
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Nubsicle »

No one ever CnC's my ships either. :[
The glows on the first ship are obnoxious, you should probably tone them down or get rid of a few. The color schemes for both are a little too bland for my taste, although I don't think theres anything wrong with the color combination you chose.
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

The first one is much too bright, but I don't mind it too much; the second looks awful, but it may just be the brightness again.
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

I can't comment much on shape so i'll leave that to the others. It appears that on both your ships you only use one shade of grey. Multiple shades which become progressively darker as they go down will help to enact a sense of depth. On to a note of personal preference, I don't find the glows to be too numerous, rather I find them to be too intense. Perhaps adding alpha fade (under the edit tab) and if you haven't done so yet try setting the blend mode to additive. (under the right-click drop down menu)