Crimsonflame's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Whoa! Very original. I really like your use of doodads. It makes your ship very unique. Those transformations are cool too. The weapons are placed well but you might consider changing the blaster to a machine gun, but that's just taste.

Overall: pretty good ship
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Le'bah is the name of the fighters (cannon fodder) deployed by the Ser'aang.

Called the Burr'ung...not much to say about this one. Designed as a replacement for the Arr'nab. While it has less armor than it's counterpart, the Burr'ung is more agile and has superior on-board AI. (Yeah.... I just noticed that point rocket.)

People who can speak the native tongue of my country (probably VERY few) would get the names.
Going to be renaming the other ships as well. Also, having a mental block at the moment preventing me from churning out any sort of decent ship.
More or less finished up the backstory on the front page.
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

New ship I managed to churn out,
C&C Please
Blood_spreader
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Reveiw of Crimsonflame's new ship

Post by Blood_spreader »

Nicely done, love the way you've shaded the greyscale according to height, you managed to keep it repetitive so that it looks even in colour but what I don't like (this is my opinion of course) are the 6 turquoise triangle shapes at the back, they don't seem to blend in with the ship that well. I do like the glows on the engines and circular platfoms, though the ship does look bulky ,but also looks agile and speedy at the same time. the weapon arment seems ok, I like the fact that you've used basic repeating to cover the ship well instead of cluttering the ship with weapons. The placement is good as well the section work is fine as what it makes up in simplicty around the edges it makes up with layering and last of all I don't really like the look of that horizontal line makes the ship look like it'll break in half

Section Placement: 8/10
Colouring: 7/10
Weapon Placement: 9/10
Use of Effects: 5.5/10
Shading: 10/10
Charector of the Ship: Like nightwing the batman charecter, gothic but good (gives that look and emotional feel)
Overall: 39.5/50
EriErin
Commander
Commander

Post by EriErin »

Crimsonflame wrote:People who can speak the native tongue of my country (probably VERY few) would get the names.
Crimsonflame, I am disappoint. Very disappoint. Your naming scheme makes me shake my fi'ist at the s'ky in an'ger.

Otherwise, good work. Some of your ships have intensely uninteresting shapes, but you've managed to pull off the armored look quite well. Sometimes it makes me wonder why there isn't a Ku'umbang or something in there.

Love the way you've positioned your doodads. Really adds to the feel of the thing, and it helps put detail where it matters. What're the odds of us seeing a download for those WF-esque sections, by the way?
Blood_spreader wrote:<Gratuitous point-based scoring scheme>
...well, at least you have slightly higher standards than Pavel.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Ooooo...

Look at the pretty lights...

I have nothing bad to say about your ships and tons good to say. At the moment, I'm feeling extremely lazy so I won't make a list and instead I'll leave with "Kewl Ships"
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Thanks, all.

@Blood_spreaded,
I greatly appreciate the fact that you took the time to compose such a lengthy post. The center of the 3 triangles on each side is used to cover the overlapping line of one of the sprites. It looked out of place (even more than it does now) on its own so i just added two more. As for the horizontal line, well yeah... that happens to be a habit of mine, i'll try working on it on my following ships.

@EriErin,
Hehe, sorry about that. The names were given in a sudden bout of insanity caused by trials(which makes the government indirectly responsible) :P. Maybe its my lousy BM but by "Ku'umbang" were you by any chance refering to goat? Because goat is kambing, i think... I'll probably release them when I have time and actually figure out how to (other than uploading them one-by-one to photobucket and linking them all here.)

@25000st,
I KNOW right? They're soo glowy 0.0

Once again, thank you to everyone who took your time to post a comment here. Its greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sprited posted http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 9122#99122
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

I'm trying a new shipbuilding method. Basically i start out with a base (in this case the back) and build multiple ships from there. (in this case 2)
When i run into a mental block on one ship I save it and move to the other, porting over one idea from the other ship that i like the most and then carrying on normally.
Alternative 1
Alternative 2

I'm not particularly happy with how the back of the 2nd one turned out, not sure why...

Also, since everybody else seems to be doing it,

C&c appreciated.
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

One of my other ships TSA-erized.
Leucosia - Battleship
I think i went slightly overboard with the doodads on this one. Not exactly white per se but is in a much brighter shade than all my other ships. Hence the name.(Couldn't think of an awesome name so i googled for one.)

C&c appreciated
Last edited by Crimsonflame on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Originally designed as a vessel to transport miners to their respective mining stations. This ship has recently been refitted for military service.

Tried straying away from my normal color scheme for this one.
C'mon guys, need some c&c.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

All of your newer stuff is fucking awesome. I have no criticism at this point. It's a bit cluttered, but you pulled it off. Good to see some high-quality smallish ships around here for a change.
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Acheron class Fast Attack Corvette
Hull Strength:395
Speed: 2.5
Turning: 1.3
Threat: 80(79.76)
Armament:
6 Light Kinetic Cannons
2 Particle Accelerators

Phlegethon class Assault Destroyer
Hull Strength: 950
Speed: 2
Turning: 1.0
Threat: 130(130.02)
Armament:
3 Laser Cannons
4 Particle Accelerators
2 Medium Beam Emitters
2 High-Velocity Missiles
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Styx class Fire Support Destroyer
Hull Strength:900
Speed: 1.5
Turning: 1
Threat: 140(140.8)
Armament:
4 High-Velocity Missiles
2 Standard Alliance Railguns
2 Anti-Fighter Beam Emitters
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

You would get some C&C if you weren't so awesome.
All I can think of is 'too many dots'.
:|
Lurk more
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Damn. Just damn.

Love the Leucosia. Great ships overall.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.