Recent Fails, little progress dump.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Recent Fails, little progress dump.

Post by Grasmaaier »

Well yeah I've signed up for the metagame, designing ships for the signup and all that, but there's some hulls I thought that failed or didn't look "terran" enough.

Well anyhow here they are, critics and all that are welcome.

Last edited by Grasmaaier on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

The only "fail" I see here are the small instances of section clutter :wink: .

Everything else is impressive, color highlights, section meshing, depthing, general shape and execution.

Well done, sir!
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

I like :)

section clutter is there if you look for it but I didn't even notice to be honest; color's work great and their shape is excellently composed.

my only nitpick is that they don't look like they're form the same manufacturer, unless dealing with completely differently purposed ships a shipyard would attempt to make them ass similar as possible to cut down on production costs.

as ships they're great (and I personally fancy this exact size so bonus points) but I would synch them if you're picky with the backstory (all personal choice)
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I see some nice doodad work. However IMO the shapes aren't extremely attractive. The section-work is pretty good except for the clutter.
dgms17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dgms17 »

They are really good, especially since they've been made by a lawnmower.
I know I should first get the log out of my own eye before putting it into someone else's.

For instance: I should change my signature.
Bomen zijn relax
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Major Update

Post by Grasmaaier »

I have been looking once again at the holy ships, build only by our very best, found some structures and signs I never found out, I have tried to learn how a great ship is build together, I think myself that I failed.

Anyhow, I have tried what I could, although I'm far away from it, I hope to reach the respect of highly classed shipbuilders one day.

Battleship Legacy Of The Saviour.

Going to add doodads later on, your thoughts on this recent failed design?
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

I actually like this one; like a lot. is it seeing anyone?
:P

the shape is great, maybe done before but still captured extremely well; great depthing and it fits well with the third ship of your first three.
still loving the colors and glad to see distinguished weapons, my favorite so far.

looking forward to more.
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Legacy of the savior is really good. Well done. The only iffs I have is that the center is a bit cluttered. Besides that, it's a great ship. Good job.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

Final draft of a new alien race I'm starting with.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

I have to say, i really like the style you have going here. Definitely one of the better fleets posted recently. Some might say they are a bit cluttered, but i find the detail interesting and eye-catching. Wonder why you don't get more recognition for these.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I have to agree with Kaelis, these ships of yours are really cool. Better than most on these forums. Your style with these ships is rather cool, and the use of glows and things is awesome, keep up the good work on them.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

I don't know either, but these are really good ships. I like the glows on that alien ship. Please continue with this fleet, because it's epic. Also, remember that nothing is ever final.

The only complaint I have is that some of the ships feel a bit cluttered, but that has already been voiced.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

thanks a lot! good news is that I finally found a proxy that lets me see any images and quickly post, host and browse the internet, ill be working on this newer fleet now.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Another Holy Ship! seems to be coming right up.
And in a great new style. :wink:

ED: We need more failure(TSA).
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

I never bothered to show my meta designs here, why not.

FFX-1 Smite Class Frigate
This frigate is reasonably fast but lightly armored. Most of its weapons are forward mounted, good for hit and run attacks or hunt already damaged ships in battle, these are excellent vulture units or frigates to quickly go into enemy lines.
Hull 600
Threat 100
Speed 2.25
turning 0.85
Accel 0.06
Equipment :
2 ion drives
4 X5 Missile Arrays
2 Laser Cannons
1 Extended Range Particle Accelerator

DD-2 Retaliation Class Armored Destroyer
The Retaliation Class is a slow, but decently armed and heavily armored destroyer designed for the front lines, with two standard alliance railguns mounted on front, it gets a chance of hitting a reasonable big enemy from long range, while two autoguns cover it's approach to the target.
The laser batteries and the two MBE mounts allow it to engage a target at different directions and become immune to flanking.
Hull 1350
Threat 160
Speed 1.80
turning 0.55
Accel 0.04
Equipment :
2 ion drives
4 X6 Missile Arrays
6 Laser Cannons
2 Medium Beam Emitters
2 Autoguns
2 Spinal mounted Standard Alliance Railguns
DDX-1 Rose Class Assault Destroyer
One of Blitztech's most popular designs, the Rose was a old famous mining barge which has survived the war due to its excellent hull structure, a bit similar to the Retaliation, while its got the same armor, its a bit slower but features a larger hull and impressive weaponry for a destroyer sized vessel, it also features a new type of ion drive which is heavier, makes a bigger output but is easier to hit, however it can stand more hits than a standard engine. While having heavier weaponry, it still has the effective large laser cannon batteries which are excellent against corvettes and strike craft.
Hull 1350
Threat 180
Speed 1.40
turning 0.45
Accel 0.04
Equipment :
1 phase 2 ion drive
3 X10 Heavy Missile Arrays
10 Laser Cannons
2 Medium Beam Emitters
1 dual Standard Alliance Railgun Turret

CA-04 Eradicator Class Heavy Assault Cruiser
A pretty new design, this heavy cruiser is armored like a heavy cruiser should be, but armed to hit on far bigger vessels than itself, while being quite slow, the Eradicator can crash any engagement and bring severe punishment to the enemy in front of it. It's only notable weakness is that there's not much guns covering the engine blocks, but the front and the sides are so heavily armed that the enemy won't even get the chance to get past. It still posses the lovely laser batteries from the Rose class.
Hull 1950
Threat 250
Speed 1
turning 0.25
Accel 0.03
Equipment :
2 phase 2 ion drives
1 Spinal Mounted HBE
4 X15 Heavy Missile Arrays
10 Laser Cannons
4 Particle Accelerators
3 Standard Alliance Railgun Turrets