The Vaisravana and the Kural Raiders

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

EriErin
Commander
Commander

The Vaisravana and the Kural Raiders

Post by EriErin »

The Vaisravana
Link to "clean" version

The raiders and their scrapheap war machines emerge from the brown, murky dust clouds of Kural, sounding infernal battlecries over the radio and letting off meek bursts of fire from the shadow of their beam-toting sacred idol: the Vaisravana. For the unfortunate mining colony that has become the target of their wrath, life is already over, for they are unable to defend themselves from the imposing war machine with their meager technology. The raiders, like an unstoppable force of nature, shall strip them of their every belonging and leave them for dead in the cold depths of space.

Kural's rowdy, unregulated space has long evaded the focus of the corporations, making it a haven for those who wish to eke out a living in peace. Recently, however, uncouth raiders such as the Vaisravana raiders have made things difficult for them. It is unknown when the idol was discovered, but the raiders now devoutly worship the four-armed deity in exchange for assistance in sequestering what little resources the system's scattered mining colonies might offer. In reflection of an earthly, practical religion formed from a twisted amalgam of the raiders' previous beliefs, it is adorned with crosses, holy thorns and nails, laurel wreathes, Japanese Shimenawa ropes and broken glass shards, among other things. The beast is silent but cooperative in battle, stoically plundering colonies as long as a minimum of canned food and fresh water is offered at its altar every day.

It has been theorhized that the Vaisravana is a wartime relic left behind by long-dead aliens, but such theories are inevitably quashed by the more devout of the raiders. The corporations have distantly observed this development and decided against intervening, for the ship's technology is outdated and archaic compared to modern spacecraft. For now, the raiders shall have their idol and their fun; it is not known how long it is before they plunder the entirety of Kural.

Raider Ships
"Spiky, spartan and sewn out of scrapheaps" best describes the raider design philosophy. These ships are nothing more than floating junkyards armed with a myriad of outdated and improvised weapons, and it is a wonder that they seem fearsome in the eyes of Kural's populace. It is no leap of faith, then, that the raiders would consider the ancient Vaisravana their war god.

Pariah . Light Frigate
Fast and menacing, these frigates are known for their blazing hit-and-run attacks, striking their targets with unmatched tenacity and ferocity. As fragile as they are, their enemies are often too full of holes to respond by the time they're in range to return fire.

Vishudda . Assault Destroyer
The Vishudda Assault Destroyer constitutes one of the most advanced (or rather, least primitive) ships in Kural space, armed with some of the heaviest firepower these raiders have at hand.

Manipura . FAST (Fuel And Sensor Tactical) Freighter
The sight of a Manipura's cargo "maw" is often one the last things the average colonist sees, shortly before being gunned down by the bloodthirsty autorifle-wielding raiders that soon flood out. These ships provide sensory capabilities to the raider fleet in addition to carrying valuable fuel and resources within their large cargo holds.

(...am I gritty yet guise?)
Last edited by EriErin on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[quote="Anna"]Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'll fuck you with a rake.[/quote]
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

About fuckin' time. This is excellent as always and I somehow find the tan/blue highlight colorscheme irrisistable. Looks more like a mining barge or industrial ship than a military vessel, though.
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

Heheh, it looks like it could clamp itself on the enemy ship, corroding its hull or sending large numbers of troops in it.
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

Good ship, i like the desding.
and lovely avatar :P :lol:
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

A damn fine ship you got here. The arms look a bit out of place and the ship would look better without them IMO, but it still looks pretty fucking sweet.
firevikin125
Commander
Commander

Post by firevikin125 »

Amazing performance as always Eri.:D
Its been awhile since you build something
but you still haven't lost your touch.
Bravo, Bravo :D
"A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . ."
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook
EriErin
Commander
Commander

Post by EriErin »

First post updated with what could possibly be ridiculous or fucking awesome, depending on your worldview.
[quote="Anna"]Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'll fuck you with a rake.[/quote]
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

i like it, the ship itself as well as the backstory, great job on this one, eri.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

I really like the ships, the way you throw together asymmetrical ships seemingly without batting an eyelid makes me extremely envious. For reasons unknown, the dirt/blood decals make me want to see some ships in arctic-camo. As a closing statement, damn nice ships.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Now this is the sort of ship I've been waiting for ever since the new style. Shape is great. Backstory was a good read. And the detail on this thing is pretty much perfect and matches the ship's backstory just right. the only criticism I could possibly level at this thing is that maybe the wing struts are a bit too spindly, but hell, even that matches the overall style. I'm really looking forward to seeing more in this style from now on.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
maarten
BANNED

Re: The Vaisravana and the Kural Raiders

Post by maarten »

EriErin wrote:The beast is silent but cooperative in battle, stoically plundering colonies as long as a minimum of canned food and fresh water is offered at its altar every day.
Plagiarism Anyone?

Just kidding, but don't deny it and give the good man some respect.

Great ships, new style is just plain awesome, really how raiders would look, especially liking the heaviely armoured parts of certain ships(The "shields at the front") and the colour scheme(All custom I guess?)
Only one thing I don't like: The glyphes on the Vaisravana look a little too bright red.

On a side note: Is that blood on those ships?
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

I was more thinking about zuul
We really need weapons in these styles.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

maarten wrote: On a side note: Is that blood on those ships?
Rust perhaps?
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

EriErin wrote:
(...am I gritty yet guise?)

No but you are stealing text from a good artist. In a way that doesn't even really make sense.
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
that ... that ... That's incredible!, BEAUTIFUL CRAFT! REALISM IN THE COLOR IS AWESOME! I think you take a 11 points of 10p. hehehe GRATZ
:D