Random Collection (update page 3)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Darkship
Captain
Captain

Random Collection (update page 3)

Post by Darkship »

Seeing as my time is becoming more and more limited, im just going to build random ships as opposed to a more consistent fleet with a central design philosophy.

This thread will contain anything from Juggernauts to Fighters. From alien to human.

And so without further ado, i would like to present two ships that i have recently completed.

The Aurora
The Aurora is a new weapon system developed by Triton Shipworks. Incorporating the latest in energy weapon technology, the Aurora is by far the cutting edge ship in the Solar System. Between its numerous particle acceleration rifles, dual blaster emplacements and centerline plasma beam weapon, it has the firepower to surpass even Terran battleship specifications. Thus far, very few have been seen on the prowl, however there have been scattered reports of these ships around Pluto, Miranda and Oberon.

The Dominance
This Terran Strikecraft Carrier is a fairly large ship, rivaling the biggest battleships in service. Equipped mostly with heavy cannons and missile launchers, it is armed with enough weapon to give enemies something to think about. It also sports a sizable compliment of flak cannons to thwart enemy torpedos. In addition to its weapons, it has a substantial number of heavy strike craft, bombers and fighters nestled within its mighty hangers.
Old Picture

Drone
This alien drone is the most basic component of the alien fleet detachment. Equipped with plasma cluster launchers and particle acceleration rifles. By themselves they don't pose a threat to anything larger than a frigate but in packs they are capable of ripping larger ships apart.

Ed: I seem to have a problem with editing the ship deployer in the Dominance, every time i set the shp in its respective box, it resets to blank after saving or moving away from the edit tab. Is this a known problem or is there something i need to do before putting the shp name in?

Hailstorm
This Destroyer is built for one purpose, to destroy any strikecraft that threatens its flagship. Equipped with a large number of small caliber cannons, it can punch holes a couple dozen holes in a strikecraft before the pilot even knows what hit him. Additional flak turrets help intercept torpedoes and missiles.

Vindicator
A heavy assault fighter built by the terran based Starlight Drives, this craft is equipped with twin heavy cannons that fire rounds loaded with submunitions that throw out smaller explosive projectiles when the main round has hit the a target. The strength of the vindicator is in its moderate speed and heavy armour. These characteristics allow it to beat through enemy firepower and deal back three times as much.

Judge
The Judge is a terran heavy bomber. Equipped with twin torpedo launchers, it is capable of laying waste to enemy ships quickly. It is also equipped with a small pulse turret on the top of its hull, to give it at least a small degree of protection against enemy fighters that seek to destroy it.
(don't hope for more updates for a while.)
Last edited by Darkship on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

The top ship the shape is really good.. But the section placement is bad in some places and the weapon placement is generally good but meh here and there. And the color scheme is great but some of the colored areas need work. But as for the alein ship its excellent.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

I really love the lamp effect on the cariers launchdeck. The sections are well there is so much of them that I can't blame you for making it messy at some points. The alien ship is great and really looks like some sort of boarding ship to me, imagine this thing grabbing your ship and inserting it's mighty warrior group inside it. Shame that isn't possible in BSF.

(yes I have been playing homeworld2)
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Dominance: Holly crap, sure that's big enough? Nice work, although the overall ship feels a bit cluttered. Still, some really interesting sectionwork there.

Drone: goddammit, I love that thing. It feels like it's gonna rip open your gut with those sharp claws, excellent outer shape and sectionwork. Love the colors too.

WANT MOAR
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Wired
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Wired »

ArcaneDude wrote:Dominance: Holly crap, sure that's big enough? Nice work, although the overall ship feels a bit cluttered. Still, some really interesting sectionwork there.

Drone: goddammit, I love that thing. It feels like it's gonna rip open your gut with those sharp claws, excellent outer shape and sectionwork. Love the colors too.

WANT MOAR
X2
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Woah woah, comments.

First to address the clutter issue. I believe when people are talking about section clutter they are mostly referring to the rear/middle part of the ship? I will go ahead and change that once i get the time off. If those are not the areas then please people elaborate so I can make it better.

Ok now that the major issue has been dealt with. I have another ship to show before going off for another week. In anyway the first it is for the new Hailstorm destroyer.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Wired wrote:
ArcaneDude wrote:Dominance: Holly crap, sure that's big enough? Nice work, although the overall ship feels a bit cluttered. Still, some really interesting sectionwork there.

WANT MOAR
X5
But does the Dominance actually work?
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

good jobb once again! your ships just seems to get better and better! great shape and design but the back of your large one is quite spammy(or matrix :D ). i love the alien drone, looks cool (like a freeze drone) but you could add more effect to make it look awesome.

This would also be my last post. Some of you should have guessed i quit to play Fraxy.
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

The first ship? I see nothing wrong with it. Good use of stock and new sections, good colour, effective doodad placement and very nice overall shape. All the weapons look like they belong exactly where they are.

It definitely looks like a carrier, especially with the launch strip and the hint of the entrance to the hangar bay.

This is for sure a masterpiece.
gompasta
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by gompasta »

Beautiful! :shock:
Im back :)
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Damn good stuff. Seriously. I'm having a tough time coming up with something to complain about, and that's usually not an issue at all. I'd love to see a fleet based off one of these designs. The Dominance is, without a doubt, the best carrier I have seen to date. The Drone is stylistically perfect. The Hailstorm is more run-of-the-mill, but your section choice is impeccable nonetheless.

Excellent, excellent work.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

You never fail to amaze, darkship. these ships, once again, are incredible. I really like the drone, would love to see a fleet based around that style.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Well, Darkship, you've done it again. Those are some damn fine ships you've got there. Here's looking forward to more.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

I love the assorted ships. The Dominance has very good weapon placement, very positional. The sections meld so well they're sexy.
I love the Hailstorm too. It's got those evil looking claws that seem to look like blades, and the curve is wonderful.

I look forward to what you're gonna make next.
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~
admiral_tee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by admiral_tee »

Oooooooooh
Really really diggin the carrier deck with the 'landing/guide' lights!

:P

Download plz