The Theocratic Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

otocar91
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The Theocratic Fleet

Post by otocar91 »

this is my first fleet hope you like it, give me some feedback.

Fighter:

HP: 120
Speed: 4
Turning: 1.20
AI Range: 350
Accel: 0.30
Description:
Number of sections: 6
Total HP: 725.50
Number of weapons: 3
Number of modules: 1

Frigate:

HP: 200
Speed: 2.75
Turning: 0.75
Accel: 0.10
Description:
Number of sections: 20
Total HP: 3927.06
Number of weapons: 11
Number of modules: 2

Carrier:

HP: 300
Speed: 2.25
Accel: 0.05
Description:
Number of sections: 50
Total HP: 12878.78
Number of weapons: 25
Number of modules: 4

Battleship:

HP: 300
Accel: 0.05
Description:
Number of sections: 69
Total HP: 19777.69
Number of weapons: 32
Number of modules: 2

Capitol Ship:

HP: 500
Turning: 1
Accel: 0.07
Description:
Number of sections: 162
Total HP: 71432.52
Number of weapons: 49
Number of modules: 4

The Fleet:

The Capitol Ship's missile barrage:

Mod Edit: Allcaps title lowercased as appropriate.
"on my signal unleash hell"
The Theocratic Fleet:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3717&sid=8fd9651698abb6168c7b709d3308c940
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Hmm, very nice work! I like the use of hard angles and repeating patterns.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Generaly niceships but one thing that bugs me is the random aegis placement and on the capital ship that is some serious sudden Missile spam. It would look oodles better id you spread out the areas in which the missles fired. Oh.. and also try putting 0 alpha on the thrusters would look alot better also.
otocar91
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by otocar91 »

thanks i changed the thrusters to alpha 0. i didn't know that trick
The Theocratic Fleet:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3717&sid=8fd9651698abb6168c7b709d3308c940
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Umm Capital ships are a size reference ie. Battleships, Battlecruisers are capital ships. Capital ships are a generalization not a specific class or type, Flagship, mothership or Dreadnought would be more appropriate. The Capital is rather too large, stocky and bulky for my tastes but thats just me. I like the fighter, Carrier and the battleship.
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

DoomBringer wrote:Umm Capital ships are a size reference ie. Battleships, Battlecruisers are capital ships. Capital ships are a generalization not a specific class or type, Flagship, mothership or Dreadnought would be more appropriate. The Capital is rather too large, stocky and bulky for my tastes but thats just me. I like the fighter, Carrier and the battleship.
This is meaningless turd. otocar does NOT have to abide by any ship categorization procedure, least of all one you have came up with and enforced.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

DoomBringer wrote:Umm Capital ships are a size reference ie. Battleships, Battlecruisers are capital ships. Capital ships are a generalization not a specific class or type, Flagship, mothership or Dreadnought would be more appropriate. The Capital is rather too large, stocky and bulky for my tastes but thats just me. I like the fighter, Carrier and the battleship.
You do know you have absolutely zero influence, right? This post conforms with the trend your other posts have set of being opinionated, misplaced, or outright wrong.

First off, It's his fleet. Let him do as he pleases with his own ships.

Second, Capital ships are not a generalization, a capital ship is to a fleet what a capital is to a nation. It is not necessarily the most powerful, but it is the command vessel.

Flagships have nothing to do with size. The flagship of a given naval group is just the leading vessel. It could be a Frigate among Corvettes, a Cruiser among Destroyers, a particular Destroyer among other destroyers, or a Dreadnought-level monolith among Battleships.

In conclusion, if you are going to post, post A) about something you actually have a clue about and B) when you have a bit more experience.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I like the battleship, frigate, and fighter the most. The section usage on these ships are good, and the shapes are interesting.

Your capitol ship and carrier however suffer from some minor repetition which kind of bothers me :?.
Also the aegis placement on the carrier and capitol ship are weird and should be removed.

Overall, these are pretty good ships for a beginner, good job.
otocar91
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by otocar91 »

The Theocratic Fleet:
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I was pleasantly surprised to find that these were not, in fact, a load of junk as I had originally anticipated. Not bad at all. I can't say I'm keen on the way the weapons are hidden, but still, not at all bad for your first fleet.

I would suggest adding some more colour variation (throw in some greys for gradients and highlights) and some tweaks of the thrusters. That large central one on the main ship looks rather ugly.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

I like that the capital ship has those two starlike structures. I also have to agree to the fact that there is just too many weapons and that the bullets thrown out are too many. I would suggest that you mod you weapons to deal more damage per bullet.(ie. more powerful weapons that fire less)
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Umm Capital ships are a size reference ie. Battleships, Battlecruisers are capital ships. Capital ships are a generalization not a specific class or type, Flagship, mothership or Dreadnought would be more appropriate. The Capital is rather too large, stocky and bulky for my tastes but thats just me. I like the fighter, Carrier and the battleship.
You do know you have absolutely zero influence, right? This post conforms with the trend your other posts have set of being opinionated, misplaced, or outright wrong.

First off, It's his fleet. Let him do as he pleases with his own ships.
Okay I know I can't enforce this, its not my ships to change as I don't own them.
This is meaningless turd. otocar does NOT have to abide by any ship categorization procedure, least of all one you have came up with and enforced.
Okay you're right I have no right to criticize.And I do like the "Capital ships" but the battleship is my favourite.
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

I really like the way these look. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this fleet.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/bizzarecoyote][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/bizzarecoyote.png[/img][/url]
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Not bad! I like the colors and the angular design, but they need more doodads. (I think that a few DooHexes would really help. For example, try putting a DooHex in the "hole" in the front of the capital ship, between the protruding strut-things [the first ones from the right, between the two autocannons on each side.])

Oh, and consider cutting down on the weapon usage a bit: überships aren't generally well-received on these forums for some reason. :|
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Actually its lucky 9ers or spammed weapons that we don't like, generally. Far as I'm concerned a ship can have as many weapons as it can hold, but they should look built into the ship like theres a place for them, rather than being pasted randomly and too close together. Spoot knight's ships are a good example of proper arming, and otocar has done this pretty well too!

I don't like split nosed ships, but these are still impressive for what they are! If anything, theres some section spam but its tastefully done. On a second review, the weapons emplacements could do with a bit more detail, turret bases for example, and some of them could be layered into the ships, like the plasma ball.