The IVL "Black Fleet"

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

The IVL "Black Fleet"

Post by Lizzie »

IVL Destroyer
IVL taskforce which ripped a hades to bloody bits.
IVL small craft.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Bump bitchez
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I really dig the Ascendant Twilight. That thing is huge and armoured and nasty. Seriously. It looks like it'll totally fuck someone up. Easily the best ship of that style that I've seen.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Yah, it's just brutal. No-nonsense. You've nailed that look better than ever. Also, it's great how it's full of weapons but still doesn't look cluttered - which is to say, it looks cluttered, but in a good way. I never liked your color scheme, though.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Cycerin wrote:Yah, it's just brutal. No-nonsense. You've nailed that look better than ever. Also, it's great how it's full of weapons but still doesn't look cluttered - which is to say, it looks cluttered, but in a good way. I never liked your color scheme, though.
What colors would you use then?
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Basically, my gripe isn't with the yellow or red, it's just that they're 255. Try to bronze out the colors a bit, maybe?
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Cycerin wrote:Basically, my gripe isn't with the yellow or red, it's just that they're 255. Try to bronze out the colors a bit, maybe?
So it's the brightness then?
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

I agree with Cycerin, and nice ships by the way. And a quick statement, your ships remind me of Battlestars. BSG inspired?
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

bien4500 wrote:I agree with Cycerin, and nice ships by the way. And a quick statement, your ships remind me of Battlestars. BSG inspired?
Partly. Though I have said that repeatedly over the past year or so I've been here. :|
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

As usuall Liz, you make great, nasty ships :twisted:
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Lizzie wrote:
Cycerin wrote:Basically, my gripe isn't with the yellow or red, it's just that they're 255. Try to bronze out the colors a bit, maybe?
So it's the brightness then?
It's basically intensity. It's hard to judge what looks good when I don't have a color picked in front of me, but both colors should look more pastel or gray/browned out.

Note that this is mainly my taste speaking so you should just try it out and see if you like it.
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

It has been said before, but I'd still like to say you make weapon spam look good. Putting them in identical batteries really makes this ship easy on the eyes.

And you used lots of little doodads! More detail, yum.

I'm not too happy with the gatling-toting small craft. It seems a bit overkill to have one single gun covering half of the ship. I know such things exist (A10 anyone?), but it just doesn't look as good to me. Maybe cover it up or something.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The first ship really stands out to me because it looks to be on the smaller side yet you still fit everything on it that should be in a ship. I also like that your continuing to use plenty of the older sections on your ships, some people don't.

The small ships really could do with having their weapons partially covered. Its fine to have a vulcan gun on it but doesn't look as realistic as it could if the gun weren't just sitting on top. I'd cover the back of the gun mostly so it looks like its sticking out of the body, same with the others.

The biggest ship, Ascendant Twilight(?), is awesome in all respects though I'm normally not a fan of the strutted sections on either side like bsg does it, but you gave it the proper scale. Only nitpick from a quick view is that the pylons holding them on are darker and look like their coming up from under the ship so it gives me a weird image of how it would be 3d. Also the nose extends for three artillery guns and could use with some variation, if only to give it a sense of slope or stepped down levels, or even just widen it up where you started with the yellow.

Have you thought about putting fleet logos on your ships? Would allow for plenty of use of the red and yellow you prefer.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

jwa8402 wrote:The first ship really stands out to me because it looks to be on the smaller side yet you still fit everything on it that should be in a ship. I also like that your continuing to use plenty of the older sections on your ships, some people don't.

The small ships really could do with having their weapons partially covered. Its fine to have a vulcan gun on it but doesn't look as realistic as it could if the gun weren't just sitting on top. I'd cover the back of the gun mostly so it looks like its sticking out of the body, same with the others.

The biggest ship, Ascendant Twilight(?), is awesome in all respects though I'm normally not a fan of the strutted sections on either side like bsg does it, but you gave it the proper scale. Only nitpick from a quick view is that the pylons holding them on are darker and look like their coming up from under the ship so it gives me a weird image of how it would be 3d. Also the nose extends for three artillery guns and could use with some variation, if only to give it a sense of slope or stepped down levels, or even just widen it up where you started with the yellow.

Have you thought about putting fleet logos on your ships? Would allow for plenty of use of the red and yellow you prefer.
Logos/custom sections were after I created these. These was made pretty early in .90 development.

Furthermore I'll keep all these suggestions in mind but this style won't be continued. I got a new style in mind for some work when I get around to it. It was made with the aid of Talhydras so I'll leave your imagination to play with that.