Returning with shipbuilding action.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Returning with shipbuilding action.

Post by CheesyErwin »

Salutations everyone.

Due to some real life issues, I was suspended from shipbuilding action, but now with all the issues sloved, I am now returning with new ships.

Without further ado, I proudly present my latest creation, La Vie en Rose:

The colour scheme of it is based on a pirate warship I have seen from a classic Anime (Galaxy Railway 999, if I remember.) And yes, La Vie en Rose itself is also a pirate ship, and a very formidable one. Packed with massive firepower, it can take on an enemy fleet alone. However, it current wherebouts is now unknown.

C&C are always welcome.

Wanna go for a pirate hunt? Here:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... n_Rose.shp
Last edited by CheesyErwin on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Manifold1
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Manifold1 »

Wow. Thats real nice. Pointy and curvey at the same time.

I think I can see a mirroring error in the middle arrow part, but I'm not sure.

The beam is epic.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

There are indeed many places on the ship with mirroring problems... but I have no way to fix them.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

CheesyErwin wrote:There are indeed many places on the ship with mirroring problems... but I have no way to fix them.
Rubbish. Select the section and use shift + arrow keys to nudge it into correct position, or shift + ctrl + arrow keys to nudge a parent and all the children. If you can't select a section, shift + left click over the section until it has a flashing blue outline.

In the arrow part there is a layering error. The lower section 26 is set a different depth from its upper mirrored partner. Use A/Q to change the depth of the section.

Dual beam is nice, but the whole thing with the stretched weps is a bit ugly IMO. And cut out some stretching. Otherwise a fine ship.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Exethalion wrote:
CheesyErwin wrote:There are indeed many places on the ship with mirroring problems... but I have no way to fix them.
Rubbish. Select the section and use shift + arrow keys to nudge it into correct position, or shift + ctrl + arrow keys to nudge a parent and all the children. If you can't select a section, shift + left click over the section until it has a flashing blue outline.

In the arrow part there is a layering error. The lower section 26 is set a different depth from its upper mirrored partner. Use A/Q to change the depth of the section.

Dual beam is nice, but the whole thing with the stretched weps is a bit ugly IMO. And cut out some stretching. Otherwise a fine ship.
Maybe I should say I can fix it, but it would be a tedious process.

Anyway, apart from the over-streching of the turret, I am failing to make the beam-railgun combo to be balanced enough and not making it overkill, any ideas?
-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Try putting some of the beams to 0 power or 0.1 power? Also, The nanomatrixes behind the wave are mirrored wrong by about a pixel or two.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

First revision (updated the one on the first one) with some mirroring error fixed, beam turrets redone.
-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Railers still seem a bit stretched and I can still see those Nanomatrix mirroring problems
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

The matrixes are doubled up now. Make sure there is a straight line from the parent, or it'll mirror the nano.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Problems identified, I will fix them by tomorrow. (I am getting sleeply now, it's 23:15 here, and tomorrow is a school day...)
-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Well, everyone's pointed out the mirror errors, something I find annoying after a while on meh own ships. XD

Anyhoo, have a look over your unit Erwin, it's rather pretty, in a sorta evil/empire manner. Look for any of the mirrored parts, move them about and match them up to their doubles, it'll look less odd then for the placements.

EDIT of some doomed' degree:

Just tested it against another fleet I'm doing. Tis a very good combatant, wiped out one wave but lost to the plasma charges of the second. >:3

The gunnery tower circle sections though, kinda remained when their supports where blown away, a parenting problem me thinks.
Last edited by Dragontear on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Further comments: It's epic beam is made of epic win.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Second revision of La Vie en Rose, with most of the mirroring errors fixed and dual beams turrets redone, partially fixed some parenting errors.

Download La Vie en Rose (Second Revision)

I had recently dig up an old ship, retrofitting it with new shipbuilding techinques. Presenting you the Starbow Artermis, an anti-capital/planetary bombardment particle cannon.

Those things sticking out from the barrel are coolant nodes, when the last one is destroyed, the cannon will fail to fire (I parented the firing mechanism on one of the nodes.)

Download Starbow Artermis

C&C welcome.
-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I think the barrel is too spammed full of 25's but otherwise, nice.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

["Ion cannon ready."]

["Select target."]

["You are victorious."]
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]