Revelan Engineering Corporation - Axiom-class Titan

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Revelan Engineering Corporation - Axiom-class Titan

Post by Arcalane »

Formed in the late 3000s, the Revelan Engineering Corporation is a sprawling entity that may as well be a star nation in it's own right. With hundreds of planets under their control and a sizeable "Corporate Security Force", the REC have a firm grip on the galactic ship construction market.

Recently, they have begun construction on a new warship known as the 'Axiom'. The Axiom boasts new Grade IV Mriya-Kerensky Large Power Cores, with a power output greater than any previous grade of large power core to date, and with excellent efficiency and flawless safety records.

Here we can see the powercores themselves, though they only make up about a third of the entire drive block.

~~

Which means this is the main drive block. The remaining two thirds is taken up almost entirely by the main drives themselves, giving the Axiom a surprising maximum speed for it's planned size.

REC have otherwise been tight-lipped about the development of the Axiom, but have stated that the hull has been scaled up to properly suit the new drive system.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Damn nice.

It's funny, but now that you're being all tight-lipped about it, I was finally able to figure out how you made those so nice and glowy thanks to those screens. :P
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

were you now? hm... well, a spoilers gonna get posted soonish, so you'll see if you were correct then :D

as to the engine itself- very cool, although i believe it loses a lot w/o coloring. looking forward to seeing the ship when done, and disturbed (and excited) by the fact that its engine pod is larger than most of my ships :D

edit: oh, no, of course not. i mostly just meant I'm looking forward to seeing it when colored.
Last edited by lightstriker on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Well it's still a work in progress. I generally don't add colouring until I've finished the hull.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Very nice! I like the engines, hey can I use them on my fleet? And I like the glowy bits.
PS: Why do I think of Wall-E when I see it?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

REC Corporate Practices prevent the sale of the Grade IV Mriya-Kerensky Large Power Cores at current, and the drive block is custom tuned to their use, so selling it seperately would not be very useful.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

bien4500 wrote:PS: Why do I think of Wall-E when I see it?
Arcalane wrote:...known as the 'Axiom'.
The only similarity is the name of the ship.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I just can't wait until we see some application of this.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

REC would like to note that, whilst the Axiom blueprint and assembly process is proceeding slowly, new works such as the Postulate will soon be available for purchase. The Postulate is a compact ship with a high-density framework that allows it to retain combat functionality even when heavily damaged.

~~

The REC Postulate will soon be available for purchase;

The Postulate is a combination of heavy fire support and defensive ship. It projects near-indestructable barrier walls on some of it's frontal plating and can rain fire down on enemies from great distances with it's LTAS*-enhanced 75mm autocannons. It also has four 25mm rotary autocannons and eight 15mm autocannons for short-range combat. Finally, it has a single high-power ion beam cannon that can engage enemies within a 360° arc.

Point defense consists of two standard electrolasers, and it employs limited shielding for a vessel of it's class, as the barrier walls consume a considerable amount of the Mriya-Kerensky Grade VI Small Power Core's output.

(*Laser-based Target Acquisition System)

The Postulate demonstrates it's 15mm and 25mm autocannons in burst-fire mode. The ammo is travelling at high velocities and tends to be white-hot after leaving the barrel, giving the shots a white appearance. This is also true for the 75mm autocannons.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

A work-in-progress of the Axiom has been unveiled after much silence on the project. REC engineers state that there is still quite a bit of work to be done, but it is otherwise progressing smoothly.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

What are those sections around the circuar ones? Hax?
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

They look like the power ups from the skirmish missions. Doodad sections?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

bien4500 wrote:What are those sections around the circuar ones? Hax?
I think it's the beginning of the dispersal of a modified ship maker whichmayormaynotbemadebychaostheoryandmayormaynotbepossiblycondonedbyth15maybe.
Improving quality of life since 1955.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

That sounds plausible.