TGE - ITN now released!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

natan_j
Commander
Commander

TGE - ITN now released!

Post by natan_j »

The Tul'tharian Galactic Empire

Quick n' Dirty Overview
During their late industrial age, a derelict ship crashed on the Tul'tharian homeworld of Tul'thare. Awed by its technology, and the solid evidence of other life in the universe, they began to reverse-engineer the technologies present in the ship. After only two years, the first expeditionary fleet was launched, and a period of rapid development and expansion followed. They have continued to develop at a frenzied pace, locked in an arms race with someone they've yet to meet.

Note: All dates are expressed relative to the start of the First Era, starting at 0.

For the first and second era ships, they've been moved to here to keep this post a bit tidier.
The storyline components from this post have been moved to the Galactic Databank, here.

Third Era: Years 13-??

?CO-00 Mir Class Medium Corvette
Designed: Year ??
Armor Rating: 1500
Sections: 32
Max. Speed: 2
Armaments: Krae, Puro, Nole.
Bio: ??

MFR-00 Den Class Medium Frigate
Armor Rating: 2000
Sections: 52
Armaments: Krae, Puro, Nole

MDE-00 Kal Class Medium Destroyer
Armor Rating: 2500
Sections: 65
Armaments: Thak, Puro, Krae, Kore, Nole, Nure.

MCR-00 Var Class Medium Cruiser
Armor Rating: 2500
Sections: 101
Armaments: Thak, Puro, Kore, Nole, Nure.

LBS-00 Mak Class Light Battleship
Armor Rating: 3000
Sections: 172
Armaments: Thak, Kore, Nure.

HBS-00 Tor Class Heavy Battleship
Armor Rating: 4000
Sections: 238
Armaments: Thak, Kore.

MBT-00 Hyle Class Medium Battlestation
Armor Rating: 10000
Sections: 102
Spin Rate: 0.2
Armaments: None.

LOP-00 Verurn Class Light Outpost
Armor Rating: 2000
Sections: 9
Spin Rate: 1
Armaments: None.

Key To Ship Sizes
Note: Sizes are ranked in descending order.

PREFIXES:
Heavy (H)
Medium (M)
Light (L)

CIVILIAN:

MILITARY:
Dreadnought (DR)
Battleship (BS)
Battlecruiser (BC)
Cruiser (CR)
Destroyer (DE)
Frigate (FR)
Corvette (CO)

IMMOBILE CONTRUCTIONS:
Battlestation (BT)
Starbase (SB)
Shipyard (SY)
Starport (SP)
Stardock (SD)
Outpost (OP)
Defense Platform (DP)

Color Schemes (Eras 1+2)

Code: Select all

[Player Colours]
1blue = 128
1green = 64
1red = 0
2blue = 192
2green = 192
2red = 192
3blue = 128
3green = 128
3red = 128

[Allied Ship Colours]
1blue = 128
1green = 64
1red = 0
2blue = 192
2green = 192
2red = 192
3blue = 128
3green = 128
3red = 128

[Pirate Ship Colours]
1blue = 0
1green = 0
1red = 192
2blue = 192
2green = 192
2red = 192
3blue = 128
3green = 128
3red = 128
Downloads!
First Era TGE Fleet
Second Era TGE Fleet
"Battle of Dynerril" Encounter
The Imperial Tul'tharian Navy
Last edited by natan_j on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 22 times in total.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Nice 'n simple, although some seem a bit too easily made.

Also, I recommend cropping your pictures, it's no use having a 3MB picture if you're showing ships that small. Are you using Photobucket?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Lol, your back story is sooo similar to the one I'm developing for my potential new race... then again there's not much original to come up with regarding sci-fi back stories, lol
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

I'm currently going for the simple look, since these are supposed to be the TGE's first ships ever in space, and are really my first ships that haven't just been for fun. I am thinking about redoing the mining ship, because it doesn't fit in with the rest.
Those pics are PNGs that I hurriedly tried to upload before bed, and they're hosted in the server space that came with our Telus modem+e-mail accounts. I'll definitely crop them though, to cut down on loading time.
@Wicky: Yeah, there really isn't much originality left to be had, sci-fi or otherwise. The originality comes in the details though, and I'll be filling in the story as I go along.
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Got three new ships up, tweaked various stats, redid the Thuron and Kultare, and cropped the photos.
Oh, and the stubby wings on the ships and stations are supposed to be docking ports.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Can we get a download? My NTR ships want to mea..errr meet them! :shock:
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

The blue you're using is a little too dark, IMO. Other than that they seem pretty decent. Experiment with the text formatting and image positions so it's more obvious as to which ship is which.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Whoo! Complete re-do of formatting, massive extension of plotline, 5 or so new ships, a little recoloring(colored the side plating on the heavier guys blue), chopped off the prow plating on the Thuron, and halfed the number of nanos on the Felhan.
I'm going to be releasing ships by era, and the First Era is about half done. I've got almost all the ships done, the biggest is already made, and then I need to balance the stats out to each other.
Oh, and does anyone know how to get rid of the ugly in-game glow effect on the colors? It's turning my grays and blues into browns and blue-browns.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Very good, nice and simple, especially when considering they're the 'low-tech' ships of your nation.
Slominator
Commander
Commander

Post by Slominator »

Looking good. Some of them seem to have too many weapons for a first generation fleet though.
natan_j wrote:Oh, and does anyone know how to get rid of the ugly in-game glow effect on the colors? It's turning my grays and blues into browns and blue-browns.
At the main BSF menu, go to options. Cycle through the colors settings until you come to ship glow. Setting the color to black will completely remove it.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2470]FreeSpace 2 Ships[/url]
[img]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/Slominator/fs2sig24.jpg[/img]
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Booyah! The First Era ships are done, and there's a download link at the bottom of the topic post!

The two new ships are the Gelnal and the Gelyut, and I cut down on the missile bays on the Darkra, among other things. All the weapons are now balanced out with custom stats, and some more little blurbs of story have been added.
I'm planning on making a Preserver repaint, to make TGE-Preserver fights a little more colorful and understandable.

Enjoy the download!

Oh, and @Arcanedude and Lizzie, I'm planning on joining the SVE/IVL story with my Third Era ships, would I be able to? Or is it getting a little crowded there, with so many people randomly showing up? First one to respond gets dibs on claiming the alien ship (see Iss'engir Incident at the top of the topic post) as one of theirs.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Download is not working. You should use the uploader on this site, if the file is not too big.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Fix'd.
Typed TSE instead of TGE. Actually, which one looks better? I might switch.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

TGE seems fine I think. Your ships are simple and blocky but they're still very nice, good job.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Second Era preview:
That one's destroyer size, and it's got house colors mixed in with the old color scheme, though I think I put too much of it on.
Last edited by natan_j on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]