[RP][OOC] PROJECT PHOENIX - Chapter 1: Cryoburn

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

I'm aware it's unlikely i'll get in, i'm just wishing. the chances are slim, and the thread owner is tough. that's the challenge of it. it's fun waiting to see which two people will get in, and IF i'll get in.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I am the thread owner, y'know.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

that's what i meant. your tough to convice of ones strength. even of ones intentional weaknes...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

flabort wrote:that's what i meant. your tough to convice of ones strength.
The only thing you're convincing me to do right now is laugh at your persistance in trying to get in when there are many far better options available.

Going by your posts both here and in other parts of the forums, I can say without a doubt that your chances of acceptance are slimmer than a carbon nanotube.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

OK, see you later then :lol: I have my own RP in the making anyways, so i don't really NEED to be in this one. After all, my expierience tells me not to argue with a modderator. EVER. :roll:
some-1-dude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by some-1-dude »

If i made a completly serious character would my chance be forfieted because of the above post? And flabort i would gladly fight along side you!! haha
look a button!!!!!!!!!
must....resist....button...

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
some-1-dude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by some-1-dude »

Ok here it goes. And btw im not a bad troll. I clean my room when i have to. XD

...Throat raw, Talos coughs profusely. Grabbing the sides of the capsule, He uses his numb hands to pull himself free. Scanning the surrounding area, he searches for some sort of clue about what is going on. Scared, Talos cannot recall anything of the past events. Panicing he searches for clues...

Name: Talos (no sir name known)

Age: 17 (Draktha age much quicker then humans. a Draktha year is 6 Terran years)

Race: Draktha

Weight: 110 lb (Wirey framed and fragile creatures)

Height: 6' 6''

Skills: Theivery, Stealth, basic hunting skills. Adept with long range projectiles.

Ocupation: Exiled Falthor

Vitals: Everything seems to be blinking orange.

Race discription: Drakthareans are an intelectual non-violent species with a peculiar government system. Draktha are born in numbers between 12 and 18. They live, hunt and grow together until they are fully matured. out of every litter there is usually only 1 female born. It is not rare to see Draktha males go their entire life without a mate. Their enviroment is tribal seeing as Draktha shy away from technology but this is not to assume that they are dim witted. The anatomy of Draktha consist of a enlarged cerebral lobe. This means that the memory capacity of one of these creatures are emense and once they see(hear) something they seldom forget it. The most interesting trait though, is their physical appearance. Boney as they are, Drakthar belong to two families: Homosapian and ChiropteraBats. Between their wrists and thighs expands a weblike membrane. Also Draktha have no eyes, unlike bats they rely 100% on echo vision. This means that a loud sound could potentually blind a Draktha. This being said they have excelent depth preception and can sence movement from afar. Their dome-like ears pick up the waves of sound. Coated in a short coarse fur, Draktha can range from colors like Black, brown and tan. When Draktha age their fur turns a stark white, labeling them as elders. The common Draktha attire is made up of various shawls and coats. Hooked claws allow them to cling to most surfaces and dark fur colors allow them to blend into dark corners. As i said, Draktha are non-violent, on most occasions. Their government consists of several tribes and when one of these tribes runs low on females this causes military action to be made in order for survival. Elected Draktha are used as covert agents, stealing females from other tribes. Lethality is rarely used unless one catches the agent, causing the agent to take silencing procedures. Since the reproduction system is so slow, death is an extreme last resort.

Note: Draktha never refer to themselves as I but rather as "this one" or talk in third person. It is considered rude to speak of ones self.

Character Description:
Talos is a title given to the most hated among his people. Hired as an Falthor Agents descriped above. Talos was responsable for 3 deaths. At such an outrage, The Tribal counsel banished Talos from his homeworld. Living now as a mercenary, Talos has been tainted with the blood of his own. Living in self loathing and fighting to survive Talos rarely speaks to others unless absolutly nessesary.
Last edited by some-1-dude on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
look a button!!!!!!!!!

doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

Meh, why not make the changes now?

A ripple in a cool, tranquil pool. The world fades into existence, the rhythmic beeps and throb of machinery reaches his ears. A screen flashes to life before his eyes. It displays ina soothing blue text:

Name: Xil Aa'Shi

Race: Tairius

Occupational Skills: Expert Tairian biotechnician, skilled in demolitions, and a dabbling electrical engineer.

Species skill: Cybernetic Augmentation

Birthplace: SR-5387

Height: 7'4"

Race info: Tairians have a humanoid structure- they are tall and thin- the average Tairian measuring 7 feet tall. Their heads are elliptical with somewhat stretched facial features similar to those of a human, but they have a third eye that is in the middle of their forhead. It is rarely opened and is used to sense heat. They have long retractable claws that are sheathed on the underside of each long and dexterious finger on a seven fingered hand. Tairians are highly flexible and agile, with skin that is quite smoth and glows faintly red. They originated on the planet Sparrakyaa, where they grew from the early mess of nutrients vigorously, skipping living in the ocean and developing complex systems needed to support themselves on the highly volcanic planet surface immediately. They grew tall and flexible, allowing them to keep their heads above the sweltering, sulphurous surface of the planet, yet able to impale the organisms that lived in the haze that was omnipresent around their knees. They have buil advanced civilizations and devices that utilize the haze to farm giant tubeworms, a staple of their diet, especially in their early developing years. Tairian technology is quite advanced, allowing them to augment themselves in ways most species cannot. They have a wide variety of implants and genetic "upgrades" at their disposal. Many of their weaknesses are dampened by these augmentations, but a few still remain- Their skin is quite thin and sensitive, and they are also quite frail and have brittle bones.

Personality: He is quite inquisitive and enegetic, which is quite contrary to the normal Tairian personality. He is quite intelligent and will not hesitate to tell you when you are wrong.

Implants: Xil has an implant located in his prefontal cortex that elevates his speed and dexterity by injecting guanfacine, and there is another implant that covers his whole brain and increases neuron conductivity.

Vision begins to fade and distort as the temperature around him rises and his higher brain functions restart.

A new beginning.

I have made some Addendi, such as height.
Arca, feel free to let me know what's "wrong"
some-1-dude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by some-1-dude »

Anything im missing? Feel free to let me know. :D Anything in the physical description im missing ect.? i Decided to give him different skills since everyone else have roughly the same idea (Bioengineering, technicians ect.) Character is more rouge based then combat or technical.
look a button!!!!!!!!!

Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Name: Jerome Briggs
Profession: Surgeon, specializing in cybernetics installation and maintenance.
Primary Hobby: Simulated war games, varying levels of reality.(Think FPSs meets paintball/airsoft)
Height: 6ft
Weight: 140 lbs
Eyes: Orange
Hair: Short, dark violet.
Personality: Confident, inquisitive, competitive.
Species: Human, augmented
Special properties: Reinforced skeletal structure, augmented lungs, augmented musculature, brain/computer interface.

Lungs are capable of operating at higher efficiencies and storing oxygen for short periods of time, enabling high endurance and operation in airless environments if called upon. Skeleton is roughly twice as strong as that of a trained healthy human. Musculature capabilities are proportionate to skeletal. Augmentations typically operate at normal human capacity, and consume power from an internal reserve when pushed beyond. Augmentations are capable of gathering power from metabolic processes in sufficient amounts to sustain life even if reserves are empty, but movement and breathing are impaired, and full recharge is an arduous process without outside power sources.

Brain/computer interface is an optical link at the neck that does not break the skin. Light passes through the skin allowing communication with an outside adapter placed above the interface, near the base of the neck. Interface is capable of communicating information in a sensory manner, but is not capable of taking over any normal brain functions. No connection without a proper interface is possible.

Power can be supplied via rectenna arrayed under the skin of the stomach, receiving microwave power transmitted by a specialized adapter. No long-term risks exist in this arrangement, save that exposure to high intensity microwave radiation of the right frequency could cause overloading of the rectenna's safe operating range.(Power transmitting method subject to change when I collar the electronics guy I know and bug him.)

Jerome always carries at least two sets of both adapters with him at all times. If he still has them is up to Arcalane.

History: Born in a reasonably affluent region, Jerome's life was relatively unnotable until in his mid teens, when a catastrophic car crash shattered his bones and destroyed both his lungs. Rather than repair the mangled structures, his doctors replaced them. Jerome's complete recovery eventually inspired him to become a surgeon himself, for moderately obvious and cliche, yet still valid, reasons.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
some-1-dude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by some-1-dude »

There, edited a bit of my character
look a button!!!!!!!!!

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

The final decision has been made.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

What the hell, where's Giant Ant?
some-1-dude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by some-1-dude »

lame. Incredibly. :?
look a button!!!!!!!!!

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Right. It's obviously a bad idea to accept people I know are good roleplayers as I've seen them in action (thus they have a resume of sorts) compared to some new guy who posted an utterly retarded character as his first post on the forums, no less, and who has an apparently sub-par grasp of spelling and grammar.

:roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ