The Novelty Weapon Collection

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Water_and_Wind wrote:Yeah, I know. The Ragnarok can take much more than 3 KM2's. I guess a general rule of thumb is to set the section HP as least as high (twice as high is better) as the ship you are pitting it against. Which is easy to do with the KM2 but not with the KM1.

EDIT: Actually, against stuff with 5k HP or more, the standard KKW design probably isn't going to cut it anymore. I tried 10k HP KM2's (with 0.2 accel) against the Ragnarok and the damage was not that substantial.
Ablative plating on her hull is probably negating a good amount of the damage those things put out.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Very large, extremely high velocity missile that can catch all but the quickest ships and annihilate almost anything. However, a Hypercube shrugged off three with no sweat, while an Enterprise Waverider dodged it. I'm thinking of Aegising it all to hell and back for extra damage resistance before impact.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Aralonia wrote:It always cloned part HP. I made my KE warhead at around the same time the first wave of KE weapons came out, and it had a core of 30 while the surrounding flechettes had a sectional HP of 1250 each.
And hax railguns will violate low-HP core KE weapons entirely. I tried hitting the Myrmidon with Caretakers. They just got railsniped. Most of the payload tended to fly out to either side or go too slowly forward, doing little damage to the target.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Which is pretty balanced against KE type weapons, putting up a semblance of balance. It's also pretty accurate as to what the sections will do if the carriage is hit.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Higher density (higher HP) and serious defense upgrades in the form of layered Aegis on the penetrator and fins. Also has a quartet of Impeders to stop projectiles. I've had this thing take sustained direct hits from my Death Blossom II and still reach the target, so this thing will accomplish its mission or die trying.

Its only real flaw is the damage isn't capable of knocking out the biggest ships around, but that's more a function of my fielding the thing against the biggest monsters in the game. Anything short of Post-Dated Check Loan or Hypercube will sustain severe damage or be annihilated outright!

However, it took SEVEN of these to kill a DB2 because of artful dodging via Dieterling. That's a standard weakness all KKVs have, really.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Okay, tried an EHVKM attack on my gimmick ship 'Shoop Da Whoop'. The more I play with these, the more I realize it's best used as a First-Strike/Special-Weapon Sunday Punch to be followed up by heavy conventional anti-ship weapons strikes. It is very difficult to obtain a kill against a wounded target due to smaller aspect presented to the oncoming missile, UNLESS the first strike succeeds in detonating the ship's Core.

However, I believe it is accepted this is definitely a Weapon of Mass Destruction.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Ew, missile undefeatable by "point defence guns". (lol @ Aralonia using 550mm ARG as PD)
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

By KM2 are you referring to my kinetic missile or his? I already made a new, much more compact and more damaging second version of the Kinetic Missile. It's just on the bound of uber-wank, but it's almost the size of a Hestia, what would you expect?
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

with the aegis defended Missile it kind of defeats the purpose of the warhead. Kinetic weapons are supposed to be cheap efficent means of killing large ships. Not some super shielded monstrousoty that defys the attacks of WCWs.
The Rook
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by The Rook »

I wonder if anybodies created a bubble-shield using impeders?
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 ... shield.jpg
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Wow. That's actually a very good concept.

Whoa! Big necro!

But keep on going!
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Normandy wrote:Wow. That's actually a very good concept.

Whoa! Big necro!

But keep on going!
There have been worse and this one is actually on topic with relavent info.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

GIANT SQUIRT GUN!!!!!!!!! :D

'
Yes, that's right, that is a stream of pulse shots slashing through the Leviathan like a . . . wet? . . . knife . . . through steel . . .
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

^ I have a sudden urge to try that with other weapons ^

What about a Tachyon Flamethrower (bit of an oxymoron eh?)
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

tachyon flamethrower.. sounds fun :twisted:
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]